VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OOOooOooOoo.... spooky! (couldn't help myself there, I'm in a weird mood)

Anyway, I have a little problem with ATI MMC 7.xx (using my Radeon), where my MPEG-2 captures are of EXCEPTIONAL quality, but I have an occasional "hiccup" where it drops some frames all at once, at random, makes audio desynch...

So, I'm looking for another MPEG-2 capture solution. The only one I can find is PowerVCR 2.

I've sucessfully configured it (though it seems I have to every time) to capture, and I have to force-crash the program to end capture, then save the "temp.mpg" file when you reload the program {pant, pant, gasp}, but ultimately I get what I meant to capture.

The problem is, whatever I'm capturing, whether Interlaced, or De-Interlaced, seems to be VERY good still-image quality, but foggy and ghost-like during any movement! This is using 5000k bitrate high quality!

I can check/uncheck all the options I can find (like Video Smoothing, Noise Removal, TSPSeek) but none seem to effect this.

Can someone (hopefully with some background in this proggy) offer some advice here? I'm fairly sure my problems will be over once I can defeat the ghostly images! (Famous last words)

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    $500 for anyone with an answer! Kidding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about a cookie by mail?

Seriously, I need some help!

Or, maybe should I try using MMC 6.3 witha a Radeon board? Which would be better?
    Quote Quote