VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Mcdonald's Sued for Maggot-Infested Cheeseburger
    Updated: Tue, Jul 03 7:46 AM EDT

DETROIT (Reuters) - An 11-year old Detroit boy filed a $1 million lawsuit against fast food giant McDonald's Corp on Monday after he allegedly ate part of cheeseburger that was infested with maggots, his lawyer said.

The boy, Vincent Ingram, discovered the maggots after chomping into the cheeseburger at home on June 19, said the attorney, Arnold Reed.

"His sister is standing next to him and starts freaking out, because she sees these things crawling around his mouth and out of his mouth. She starts screaming," Reed told Reuters in an interview.

Reed said Ingram swallowed at least half a dozen of the maggots. As evidence, his mother saved the rest of the cheeseburger and the boy's vomit.

"Since this incident, he's been freaking out. He won't eat," Reed added.

The lawsuit filed in Wayne County Circuit Court in Michigan says Ingram ate the cheeseburger shortly after it was bought, but does not specify in what amount of time.

McDonald's in a statement called the allegations "questionable," and said it had not received any facts to back up the claims.

"We have not been provided with any evidence to validate this claim," the company's statement said.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Im going to go puke now
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maggots aren't that bad, but they do get annoying.

Quote Quote  
  4. Did you want your maggots super sized?
    Quote Quote  
  5. #1) What point is there to posting this to a
    video newsgroup ?

#2) This story is complete BS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe they want to compress the maggots and the cheeseburger to an SVCD compliant file for better playback quality.
    Quote Quote  
  7. or perhaps they wonder how to burn the BIN file that came with the maggot.?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-03 14:06:23, pcjohn wrote:
    #1) What point is there to posting this to a
    video newsgroup ?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

This was posted to the off topic forum and if you dont like it dont read them.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like it. Keep them coming!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. keep the cheeseburgers coming?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I betcha a million bucks that an Apex660 will play VCDs burned on a maggot!
    Quote Quote  
  12. >This was posted to the off topic forum and if you dont >like it dont read them

Post it to rotten.com, hell - they probably have pictures
    of it anyway.

Quote Quote  
  13. Is there a problem with http://www.rotten.com? that happens to be one of my favorite sites..
    Quote Quote  
  14. So these live maggots survived being grilled? I don't think so....
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If anyone knows Doctor Who, be thankful it wasn't a maggot from the Story, The Green Death!
    Quote Quote  
  16. >If anyone knows Doctor Who, be thankful it wasn't a maggot >from the Story, The Green Death!

Yeah ! Maggots with fangs !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-03 14:06:23, pcjohn wrote:
    #1) What point is there to posting this to a
    video newsgroup ?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Actually this IS a real news story from Yahoo news. And nope I don't care if the maggots were trying to make their own VCD's, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  18. yesterday i stepped on a maggot while i took the trash out; they're pretty nasty looking when they're covering something completely.
    Quote Quote  
  19. >Actually this IS a real news story from Yahoo news. And >nope I don't care if the maggots were trying to make their >own VCD's, etc.

I didn't actually mean the story, just the incident.

There's always somebody out to make a buck, and with that
    thought in mind, think of that person taking home a
    MD burger, letting it sit in the bottom of a trash can
    for a few days until it "incubates", then bringing it
    back to MD's and swapping it with a burger he just bought.

Hope I didn't put ideas into more wacko's heads ...

Quote Quote