VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I've included several still images captured via my sony camera and have exactly the same problem after encoding them with MediaStudio Pro - namely when included within the video they appear to be flickering/moving say for example a shaking hand which when viewed as an image file is perfectly still. I believe it may be a consequence of interlacing but I am not sure. Could anybody advise me how to get the image to view without movement. I have by the way tried to encode for the full 7 seconds the camera stores it and also converting it to a jpg file but the problem affects both cases.
    Quote Quote  
  2. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-14 10:18:42, spear01 wrote:
    I've included several still images captured via my sony camera and have exactly the same problem after encoding them with MediaStudio Pro - namely when included within the video they appear to be flickering/moving say for example a shaking hand which when viewed as an image file is perfectly still. I believe it may be a consequence of interlacing but I am not sure. Could anybody advise me how to get the image to view without movement. I have by the way tried to encode for the full 7 seconds the camera stores it and also converting it to a jpg file but the problem affects both cases.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    I have the same problem, and I yearn for a solution as I frequently incorporate stills taken w/ my Sony TRV320 into my home video. I have tried TMPEGEnc 480X480 CQ65 MPEG2 encoding, as well as 720 X 480 4 mBps MPEG2 w/ Sony DVGate Assemble software. Both gave good results on moving pictures, and on audio associated with the stills, but gave flickering still pictures (very annoying). I wonder if the problem is caused by the 640 x 480 resolution of the stills, compared to the 720 x 480 of the rest of the video. Does this give any clues for a fix??

Don't have any answers, but there's my 2 cent's worth.

Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know if this is a solution to this particular problem, but when you export from Premiere (or whatever) see if you can click a setting that says something like Remove Flicker.

Again, I don't know if the problem you're describing is flicker or something else. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a setting on the sony camcorder regarding taking the still images, You can select still as frames or an another mode. It does makes a big diffrence which mode it was on.
    Quote Quote