VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Question might be kinda lame, but Ive been using the Verbatim DVD-R media and it has been working great without a hitch. But I recently got some Ritek $1.35 a disc deal and it seems my burner has been acting up in a way by giving me "power calibration errors and unexpected exception errors with Nero. I was just wondering if there is a possibility that by using cheaper media, it can in some way shape or form damage the burner, i think it may be farfetched, but im a newb to the DVD burning and Im just trying to break down whether its the burner, media, or software on this one. And if anybody else out there ever got any "power calibration errors" by using cheaper discs. THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Same thing happened to me. I bought a 100pack ProDisk dvd-r ($1.49 each) and suddenly I get recording error messages.

I'm using Win2000 Pro SP3. I changed the IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controller Transfer mode setting for both primary and secondary IDE channel from "PIO only" to " DMA ". The error messages disappeared. But the burned DVD can play well in only one player. The DVD recorder itself ,Pioneer A04, cannot play the media.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a solution to recording and playback problems using cheap media.

-Disable antivirus programs
    -IDE ATA/ATAPI controller set to DMA
    -Create a master copy on branded high quality DVD-RW disks
    -Use disk to disk method to transfer data to Cheap DVD-r media.(it's better to use only one DVD drive for both source and destination drive. Use a fast drive for temp files.
    -Set write speed to 1x and set Data and Audio Read Speed to 1x
    Quote Quote