VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone. i am burning a movie with an authored menu and background music, the only problem is that after a chapter is over it will go to the main menu and i will have to start the next chapter manually or it will have like a 3 second pause before going to the next chapter. i burnt the dvd the same way twice so i dont know why this is happening, i dont mind like a 3 second pause but going back to the main menu is unbearable. i split the files with tmpenc and i used ulead dvd factory for the menus with an mp3 for the background music.can anyone let me know what i am doing wrong? also is there a better authoring program for making menus and having your own background music? i was looking into getting sonic but i already spent money on ulead.also the type of media i am using is memorex. thanx.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why dont you create your menu and "chapters" from only one large movie? I do this way... it works good enough, IMO...

Only one background music, but no delay, because all movie is only one... only there is "points" that I created selecting scenes...

Fredİ
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi freddy, i do creat them from one large movie its just i split the movie into 4 or 5 chapters using tmpenc. is there a way to import the movie in ulead and split it in their? thanx.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Similar question- I'm using Ulead MovieFactory and it says it can detect scenes when you capture based on date changes. Very little info given. After capturing, when I scan to split the scenes, it doesn't find any (just one large clip). I'm capturing from my DV camera using a firewire connection. What's the trick to getting it to detect the scenes ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Similar question- I'm using Ulead MovieFactory and it says it can detect scenes when you capture based on date changes. Very little info given. After capturing, when I scan to split the scenes, it doesn't find any (just one large clip). I'm capturing from my DV camera using a firewire connection. What's the trick to getting it to detect the scenes ?
    Sorry but I dont know this feature in DVDMF, but I have tried this sucessfuly with Window Movie Maker... It makes its own clips, when capturing, from scene detections... give it a try.

is there a way to import the movie in ulead and split it in their? thanx.
    Why do you want to split the file? Thats exactly the opposite of what I do. I open DVDMF in AUTHOR MENU option, insert the large movie and "create" my entrypoints at ADD SCENE dialog part. Example: I add a scene of the large home movie I create that is at the beginning, then add another scene that is at the middle and the last scene that is close the end... that is the idea.
    The scenes you input will be your remot control entrypoints... (limited only by the numbers of entrypoints your background design have)
    clicking on (remote control) number 1 will play the beginning of the movie, number 2 makes the movie start from the middle (where the scene is located) and number 3 (of the remote control of DVD player, of course) makes the movie plays the end...
    Every scene you add in ADD SCENE dialog will be like a CHAPTER you created...
    Fredİ
    Quote Quote  
  6. Fred- thanks for the explanation- I don't care if it can't detect during capture- as long as I can define chapter points like you describe. I had tried that method using 'add scene' but it didn't seem to work. I'm not clear on how you isolate each scene from the large clip to put into 'add scene'. I really appreciate your help on this - the manual stinks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its easy...

see this Ulead tutorial

http://www.ulead.com/learning/dmf/dmf_02_1.htm

the only difference is that you will work on just ONE mpeg file...

If doubts you have after reading the tutorial, email me, ok?

Fredİ
    Quote Quote  
  8. Fred, Thanks for your help. Working fine.
    Quote Quote