VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. How To Copy a DVD to a DVD-R Burner

By Blackout
    V 1.9

I would like to mention that these processes are the result of months of trawling forums and “how-to” tutorials on many sites. These methods explained here are the best way without hacking VOB files, headers, etc and getting technical…ie they are the simplest way to copy a dvd movie I have found without all the rubbish, and none of the tutorials on any sites break things down to such a simple process. This document is not designed to explain to you exactly how to use the software in these tutorials, more to explain the order and process correctly on what you have to do. Visit www.vcdhelp.com or www.doom9.net to get tutorials on how to use the software in detail if you get lost. Be careful, some movies have 2 English Subtitle listings streams on the actual DVD, if theres 2, the first one is usually necessary just to watch the movie normally…ie it probably translates to subtitles some Russian soldiers for you as you watch the movie…so youll need these big time, even if you don’t want the Polish translation subtitles, youll need to learn this step to rip many movies properly. I have added a small tutorial for DVD Maestro at the end of this document to explain a few things that are not made obvious in other tutorials for it.

There are 3 options, if you have:

1:/ An original DVD that is Single Layer
    2:/ An original DVD that is Dual Layer but the actual movie is small enough to fit directly into a 4.3GB DVD-R. (ie the DVD is full of extras that you can lose)
    3:/ An original DVD that is Dual Layer and the actual movie is NOT small enough to fit directly onto 4.3Gb.

To find out what option you will need, this is what you do.

Software required: DVD Decryptor 3.1.2.0 or higher (from www.doom9.net)

a) Put in your DVD and load DVD Decrypter, put it into ISO Read Mode. Read the description, if it lists the DVD as No. Of Layers=1, then use Option 1.
    b) If it lists No. Of. Layers=2, then Switch to IFO Mode. DVD Decrypter will then automatically highlight the biggest file on the DVD, 99% of the time this is the main movie. Look at the bottom right of the DVD Decrypter program window. It will list the program file size (and length). If its under 4,700,000 then you will use Option 2.
    c) If it lists the program size as more than 4,700,000 then you will most likely be using Option 3.

Okay, now you know your Option, jump to its section.

Option 1:./ Copy A DVD that is a Single Layer – EASIEST.

For this option you get to keep all the original menus and workings of the DVD, as you have enough room.

Software required: DVD Decryptor 3.1.2.0 or higher (from www.doom9.net)

a) Open DVD Decryptor, select to read/make an ISO Image. Save the ISO image to your hard drive.
    b) Select to Write an ISO image, write the ISO image to your DVD-R. Easy!

Note:This method is already discribed with pics here:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/userguides/99282.php

Option 2:/ Copy a DVD that is Dual layer but the actual movie is small enough to fit directly into a 4.3GB DVD-R.

This option will cause the main movie to once you put your DVDr into the player. Ie you have to lose the menu/extras, but it will allow your movie to fit on your 4.3GB DVD-R with identical quality to the original. It also keeps your 5.1 Sound, and some selected subtitle streams of your choice. You need at least 9-15 Gig of space on your hard drive.

Software required: DVD Decryptor (from www.doom9.net)
    SubRip 1.033 or higher (from www.doom9.net)
    DVDMaestro (Spruce Technologies – Gone)
    Nero 5.5.9.0 or higher (Working Demos available)

a) Load DVD Decryptor, it will select your main movie automatically in IFO mode. Click on the "Stream Processing" tab and then place a tick in the "Enable stream processing" box. This box will then allow you to select from the list of streams above it. Select "DEMUX" and then select at least 3 things from the list...your Video File (at the top)...your AC3 file (preferably the 6ch one to keep surround sound) and your Subtitle stream. Once you have highlighted each stream, you need to select "DEMUX" again. If you cannot find an audio stream extracted (which is a common problem), you have not selected DEMUX for that audio stream as well. The DEMUX setting needs to be set for each stream separately.
    b) Extract to your hard drive. This will create an m2v file for your video, an AC3 file for your audio (if its an AC3 audio file) or an mpa file (if the video contains mpg audio), and a small .vob ad .ifo file that will have your subtitle stream in it only. This will also create chapter list files for you for Maestro in the same folder. (If you dont see a Maestro Chapter file, you need to select it to be made in DVD Decryptors Options)
    c) Load Up SubRip, load in your .Vob File and IFO file. Select your Subtitle language you want to add to your dvd and select “Save as BMP”. Subtitles are BMP pic files, save the BMPs to your hard drive and then save the DVD Maestro-specific files to the same place…youll have to select Maestro as the output format. These will tell Maestro where the BMP pics need to play in your movie.
    d) Load up DVD Maestro. Import the m2v video file, import the AC3 file (create sync track once imported), import the Chapters file, import the Subtitles list, and Create your VIDEO_TS folder. e) Burn your VIDEO_TS folder with Nero If Nero complains about a non-compliant file, its just an extra project save file that Maestro added to your VIDEO_TS folder, you don’t need this file so just continue.
    Done!

Option 3:/ Copy a DVD that is Dual layer but the actual movie is NOT small enough to fit directly into a 4.3GB DVD-R.

This option will cause the main movie to start instantly as soon as you put in your dvdr to the player. Ie you have to lose the menu/extras, but it will allow your movie to fit on your 4.3GB DVD- It also keeps your 5.1 Sound, and some selected subtitles. You need at least 12 Gig of space on your hard drive, if not more for this one.

Software required: DVD Decryptor (from www.doom9.net)
    DVD2AVI 1.76 or higher (from www.doom9.net)
    TMPGEnc 1.77 or higher
    SubRip 1.033 or higher (from www.doom9.net)
    DVDMaestro (Spruce Technologies – gone)
    Nero 5.5.9.0 or higher (Demos available on the web)

a) Load DVD Decryptor, it will select your main movie automatically.
    b) Extract to your hard drive creating .ifo and .vob files. This will also create chapter files for you for Maestro.
    c) Load DVD2AVI, select your VOB file created from part b). Change the Audio section to “Demux” and then go to “Save Project” and save it to your hard drive. This will save your audio only and a small project file, .d2v. The audio file will be your 5.1 AC3 File.
    d) Load up TMPGEnc, it will load your .d2v file, play with your settings (im not going into this..read some toutorials)…select System only (ie no audio file processing) and save to an m2v file. TMPGEnc extracts from your VOB file thru that small d2v file as it goes, creating your big m2V file. Hopefully your settings have made your movie smaller than the original…I suggest a bitrate of between 3000 and 4000 on average to make a typical 2 hour movie fit.
    e) Load Up SubRip, load in your .Vob File and IFO file. Select your Subtitle language you want to add to your dvd and select “Save as BMP”. Subtitles are BMP pic files, save the BMPs to your hard drive and then save the DVD Maestro-specific files to the same place…youll have to select Maestro as the output format. These will tell Maestro where the BMP pics need to play in your movie.
    f) Load up DVD Maestro. Import the m2v video file, import the audio AC3 file (create sync track once imported), import the Chapters file, import the Subtitles list, and Create your VIDEO_TS folder.
    g) Burn your VIDEO_TS folder with Nero If Nero complains about a non-compliant file, its just an extra project save file that Maestro added to your VIDEO_TS folder, you don’t need this file so just continue.

See…no Ifo Edit hakking , no frustrating offset video or audio problems, no menu hakking, no complex scripts to write in text. Regardless of the movie, this system will work exactly the same way.

Good Luck!

Blackout.

DVD Maestro quick Trip:

Most of these points below are not mentioned in any Maestro tutorial on the net, and are crutial in being able to put together a perfect working DVD....so i go thru them here with pics. :P Ive never seen or read a manual on Maestro, ill be buggered if there is one anywhere (apparently there is) . This really is a simple and powerful program. Here we go.

a) Load in your m2v file on the bottom right of the screen by right clicking in the pool and selecting “Import” (the pool is a blue or grey colored box) , load in your AC3 File there too. It will create peak files, wait for them to complete processing.

b) Double click on the “Movie” tree on the white left window, this will open up your graphical video timeline on the right. This lists the Movie, the Audio and the Subtitle timelines. This is the main window you work in. If you have several short movies, just keep right clicking and selecting "Add Movie" until you have enough. Keep in mind that on the DVD, it will list Movie 1 first, then Movie 2, etc. The idea is that you add a new file from your hard drive to a new Movie window of its own. On commercial DVDs, the main movie is nearly always Movie 1.

Underneath the “Movie” tree, delete the “Menu1” sub-tree under “Menu” so that your DVD will boot straight up without a menu.

[ If you want to try making a menu, go right ahead and try but i can tell you its a lot of stuffing around and quite complicated in Maestro, and i personally just want my DVD to go straight to the movie. If you want to keep your menus, off you go to another tutorial and good luck with IfoEdit. I sure havent worked it out yet in Maestro but there is a tutorial on Doom9 that goes thru it if youre game. ]

Right click on the “4:3” at the bottom of the Movie Timeline window and select 16:9 if it’s a widescreen movie. I don’t suggest trying to play the movie, generally this results in a crash or freeze unless you have the Maestro hardware player board that came with the original package.

c) Drag your m2v file into the Video Timeline at the start. Right click above the video area where the times are listed, and import the chapter file that DVD Decryptor created). (you might have to change to see All *.* files to see the file)

d) Drag your AC3 File into the start of the Audio timeline below the video one. To get Maestro to read the Timecode of the video and lock the AC3 to it and correct any offsets automatically, right click on the audio track and select "Create Sync Audio Track". Highlight your video track in blue from the list at the top of the new window then click on "assign audio file". Steer the explorer to the location of your AC3 file on your drive and then click on the "Sync Audio Timecode" tickbox on the bottom left which will become ungreyed, turning this box on. Then hit "Create Audio File" and create a new AC3 file, this new AC3 file will be perfectly synced to the Timecode of the Video. If it then asks to replace file in the timeline say "yes".

Having said all that, sometimes this method doesnt really work when the delay amount is too big. Im actually suspicious as to whether it actually is doing what it looks like its meant to, tho it does seem to reduce the length of the AC3 file which means its doing something right. However it doesnt reduce the length of the AC3 file as much as the program AC3 Delay Corrector does for the same delay amount which is unusual. I suggest downloading the AC3 Delay Corrector program from www.doom9.net and using it instead of this step, this is the method i use and it definately works perfectly for any delay amount automatically. Your audio will be in sync with the pictures then, always. Hopefully one day someone will build this delay offsett step into DVD2AVI or into the original ripping program, creating "in sync" AC3 files in the first place and saving us all this extra worry about whether things are in sync. Of course, if the delay amount is "0" then you dont need this step at all.

e) Right Click on the Subtitles timeline (Its listed as ABC) and import the subtitle file that Subrip created.

Then once they pop up, double click on one subtitle entry, choose Colors and then Edit Pallette....

then “Load” the SubRip color palette in too that it created for your movie, so your subtitles are the right color. (white).

f) In the left white window at the top youll need to right click on the PROJECT listing at the top of the tree and select “Properties”. Here you select all the crap like the dvd name, NTSC or PAL, etc. To be honest its all set by default perfectly for me all the time except for the “Initial stream setting” – Set Subtitle to “1” if you want to see your subtitles by default when the DVD starts (you generally want this) otherwise you'll have to turn on the subtitles button on your DVD remote every time you insert the DVD...annoying...so do this step if you have subtitles at all.

g) To make your movie start automatically when the DVD goes in, as opposed to having to press “play”, you also then need to re-click on the “Movie” tree header on the left window of the screen, on the right the window will change to show "Connections". If it doesnt, minimise your Movie windows and you will see this Connections window behind them. Then right click to the right of “First Play” in the Target Area. Then select your main movie from the list that scrolls to the right.

This is all good if you have only the main movie on your dvd (ie one file) but if you have added several movies such as extras to the end of your DVD, youll find that once the main movie has ended, it will STOP the dvd player, and not "skip" to movie 2 and play your extras automatically. Your extra movies (Movie 2 onwards) will still be there on the disc, they just wont have played thru automaticially. You can still see your extras by skipping to them with the chapter selection remote past movie 1, but it would be a lot better if you could just lay in bed and have the whole dvd play thru, extras and all. So heres what you do:

On the far left window youll find that by default you will be looking at the "Tree View". Click on the right hand tab, called "List View", and highlight your first movie, Movie1.

Make sure your "Connections" window is still visible on the right, it will show the start and end time of your first movie at the top. (ignore the bottom pink area of the list). You will see the second listing will say "End Action"...when the DVD gets to this point, the end time of your movie, it will look here to perform an action. If theres nothing here, it will put your DVD player into "STOP". However, if you right click next to it, and select "Movie 2" and your start chapter, it will perform the "End Action" of playing Movie 2 instead of stopping. Get it? So if you have 6 movies, like i do here, you just make the end of Movie 2 play Movie 3, the end of movie 3 play Movie 4 ,etc so all your movies will play thru to the end.

And heres the cool bit, when it gets to the end of the DVD, in my case Movie 6, the DVD will stop. But if i want to go to bed and have my dvd play round and round automatically, i just make the "End Action" of Movie 6 play Movie 1 again! This is all pretty logical stuff. (you could of course hit the "Repeat" function on your DVD player as well every time you put it in if you wanted to perform this....my method does this automatically for you.)

h) click on the “Compile” button at the top (it looks like a Barcode ) and make your VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive. Don’t try burning from Maestro, it does not contain the drivers for most new DVD Burners.

Keep in mind if you want to use CCE instead of TMPGenc to do the re-encoding, you will also need to use VFAPI Convertor from www.doom9.net. CCE only allows you to import .avi files, so the VTAPI convertor changes the d2v file into a small .avi file which can then be imported…this small avi file is only a “link” to your original extracted VOB files (called “FRAMESERVING”). This way you can process the avi file without having to make a massive 2 hour avi file which would probably never fit on your best hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure exactly why you are "avoiding" IFOEDIT. Choice 2 could more easily/quickly be accomplished with just DVD Decrypter and IFOEDIT. There is no need to demux/remux/re-author if you don't need to transcode the video. Good job trying to simplify things though
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi enemy,

true, but remuxing is NOT re-encoding. Its not like you lose quality doing pure remuxing, its just scanning the file and re-inserting headers, cue info etc. You lose quality when you change bitrate, resolution, filesize etc, NOT when you are just muxing. Its just a file type change process...and a .IFO generator...like converting a wav file to an Aiff.

IFOEdit is a nightmare and i have purposely gone out of my way to avoid having to use it. Why? because theres PAGES AND PAGES of confusing hex information that does not discern the chalk from the cheese, cryptical descriptions of boxes to tick and not tick, it often requires manual editing of figures that are different and unique for every DVD you want to change which requires a lot more knowledge about DVD headers and such rubbish than we need to know in our lifetime, and becuase it does not have a really decent manual or toutorial that explains the mess. And lastly, because it crashes like a dog, especially in XP.

If you know how to use it and how every setting works, then im sure it would be beneficial for you to do that. Also if you know how every setting works and why, pls write your own simple toutorial on it and post it here ok!

Cheers,
    blackout.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yep, I know that remuxing<>re-encoding, hence the reference to "if you don't need to trancode".

IFOEDIT is a great tool that is very powerful and CAN be confusing depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are simply looking to strip out the "fat" from your DVD and just burn the movie on DVD-R, then it is very simple to do.

Here is a quick run-down:

1). Open DVD Decrypter and go to Tools->Settings. Make sure you set it to just rip angle 1 like the below picture.

2). Click on Mode and select File (like in the picture below). Then select all the VIDEO_TS.* files and all the VTS_XX_XX.* files that contain the main movie (the one with all the 1GB files). Rip the DVD!

3). Open the main movie title set .ifo in IFOEDIT (i.e. VTS_04_0.IFO).
    4). Looks for the "PGC_1 (program chain):" line. At the end of the line it will tell you which VOB-ID's it needs (i.e. (uses VOB-IDs: 1,2,3,4,5)).
    5). Click the "VOB Extras" button.

6). Check off all the options on the left side (under Options) EXCEPT Re-mux and Split to 2 DVD-Rs. Pick your destination directory (must be different than source directory). If the Remove Angles option is available, then check it and only keep angle 1. Click "OK".

7). Check off the audio and subtitle stream you want. Click "Strip It".

8). Check off the VOB-ID's that the main movie requires (from step 4). Click "Strip It".

9). Wait for IFOEDIT to create the new .ifo's and .vob's.
    10). Click "Get VTS Sectors".
    11). Close IFOEDIT
    12). Make sure to rename the folder with the newly stripped files to "VIDEO_TS" (or your software DVD player will not play them).
    13). Test results in your software DVD player (open the VIDEO_TS.IFO in the new VIDEO_TS folder).
    14). Burn DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys. I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance. When I use DVD2AVI I get 2 .ac3 files. 1 says 443 or so kbps and the other says 192 kbps. Which do I use for the for muxing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The bigger one is probably the 5.1, while the smaller is probably the stereo-only (2 channel) track. It all depends on which audio track you want on the final DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey Enemy,

good work, thanks for your rundown of IfoEdit.

This is certainly another way of doing "Option 2:/"....it will certainly take less drive space than my method which is a good thing.

Having 3 totally different methods to do the 3 options is even more confusing but this is definately one to ease into once youre confident. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    darren.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hey Enemy!

Thanks for your method of DVD ripping to DVDR! I am following your steps OK till I click "Strip" at Step 8, IFO will give me an error opening Video_ts.ifo (doesn't seem to exist)! Do you have any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have tried it in XP & ME. Thanks for your help!!!

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  9. maybe because you didn't rip video ts ifo ?????
    Quote Quote  
  10. Blackout:

Need to use Option 3

Looks like SubRip is for subtitles, can I skip this?

I don't have and cannot seem to get DVD Maestro, any ideas
    on how else I can create a VIDEO_TS Folder with the m2v and audio
    files I get from DVD2AVI and TMPEGenc?

Where do I get the Chapters file from to add to the VIDEO_TS folder?
    (from step f )

---
    Enemy Within:

Tried your option also.
    My questions:
    1) Where do I check off the audio stream (from #7)?
    After OK in #6 I get a 'Stream List' window with what looks
    to be the point where IfoEdit splits it into 2 DVD-Rs.

2) After "Split it" (from my question #1 above) I get a
    "Missing source .m2v file for input!" error.

----

Thanks to both of you for your help and replies.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi E twin,

yes you can skip the Subtitles setp but like i mentioned, if you are trying to rip any movie like Clear and PResent danger or Black Hawk down that translates the natives as part of the movie, you will lose those subtitle translations. This will ruin the movie experience....So if you skip it, be very sure theres no subtitles in it...if youre ripping American Pie im sure youre safe

I am yet to find another program that is as simple to use and stable and compatible as Maestro. I believe Reel DVD is okay too...but if you change to an unknown compiler you will have to throw this whole toutorial out the window as all the programs revolve around Maestro output compatible files.

All i can say here legally in this forum is that Spruce Technologies is out of business, Apple's direct tampering with the forwarding of the PC platform...so their Maestro software cannot be purchased any longer...which makes it a bit more legal to use for free (i think)...read up on it with some Google net searches or something.

The Maestro chapters file is generated by DVD Decrypter and is put into your extracted folder along with your VOB ripped files. Look for it there.

Its a great thing that even tho you reduce the size of your video file with processing, all the chapter positions still align up exactly without modification.

Blackout
    Quote Quote  
  12. I agree with the basis of blackouts method. It is very quick and easy. The major problem with IFO edit is that if the movie is to large and you have to encode then IFO edit will only accept rempeg encoded files which is really slow and terrible quality it sucks waiting for hours for re-encoding only to have to do it again.Also cce encodes in faster than real time. I also like making my custom menus in Maestro or Spruce up (very quick). I think I have the perfect copy solution that I am happy with.
    This is my simple guide that I use
    1. Check size of disk.
    2. If it is under 4.7 Use ISO Mode in DVD decrypter to copy and burn
    3. If the main movie is over 4.7 use DVD Decrypter to to rip to hardrive. Use stream processing and de-muxing so i am left with a .m2v .ac3 and chapter information files.
    4. Load up dvd2avi and load in .m2v file only make and save project.
    5. Open pre saved .avs script may have to edit file names and locations in it.
    6. Load .avs file into CCE 2.5 and encode using the various bitrates to reduce the size.
    7.If I want a menu i simply demux the menu .vob to .m2v and.ac3 and import it into maestro along with the sublayer file that i make in photoshop
    11. Import all files into maestro.
    12. Make connections chapters and other settings.
    13. Compile and burn.
    I know this method is far from new but it may be of assistance to newbies. Like me.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Davidgm2000 and Evil Twin,

Checkout my post again...I updated it with pictures. Make sure that you rip the entire CD (step 1), by selecting Mode->File in DVD Decrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can't find DVD Maestro. I think that Spruce has taken it down from their site. Does anyone have any idea where I can get a copy.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Please do not post your lame requests like this one above here in this topic. This topic is for ppls DVD to DVDr toutorials.

Blackout
    Quote Quote  
  16. Any alternative to DVD Maestro?
    SiCN - the real one!
    "Dudes, we gotta think here... What would Brian Boitano do?"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi all

just thought id say that cce is the best way to reencode an mpeg2 stream when used correctly, rrmpeg and tmpgenc not only take ages but dont give particularly good results. however if not done properly it wont mux correctly back in using ifoedit

also a good alternative to maestro is DVDit PE (better imho)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Intresting, how did you manage to remux a CCE MPEG2 with IfoEdit? For me it only works with ReMPEG2 without getting incorrect chapter jumps and audio/video out of sync.
    SiCN - the real one!
    "Dudes, we gotta think here... What would Brian Boitano do?"
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help me? I followed blackout's guide but can't seem to get subtitles to work with subrip, even after selecting Maestro as the output.
    Quote Quote  
  20. SiCN: ive used cce with ifoedit only 3 times, and only once has it muxed in properly again, i wouldnt recommend trying it

But for the sake of keeping the original dvd layout and using ifoedit then the actual movie suffers from using lesser encoders, i wouldnt recommend doing it this way but authoring the movie yourself, it doesnt take long to learn
    Quote Quote  
  21. when using CCE use an authoring program such as dvd maestro, spruce up, scenarist to remux your m2v(video) and ac3 (audio) streams.

ifoedit doesnt work correctly with CCE outputs
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For instructions on using IFOEDIT by EnemyWithin. When creating the new .ifo and .bup files after I hit the final stip button on the .vob files that I want to keep, the sub box goes away. However when I look in the location that I have designated for the files to be created, there is nothing there. Is there anything that off the top of anyones head that they can think of that I'm doing wrong? Please Help!!! By the way has anyone used IFO UPDATE, If so does it work well.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Make sure that the destination directory exists. IFOEDIT will not create it for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Timboo22 : .If I want a menu i simply demux the menu .vob to .m2v and.ac3 and import it into maestro along with the sublayer file that i make in photoshop.

Lost me here bud, what is this think you making in photo shop, you creating a whole new menu?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I import the m2v and ac3 file into maestro but i have to have make a subpicture in photoshop.But i dont use this method anymore.
    I have had a change of heart with ifoedit this program rocks once u get used to it. I just backupped gladiator and it took me all of 45minutes I used ifo edit to strip the DTS and other soundtracks plus stripped most of the subtitles that brought the movie down to less than 4.3 gig burnt it on a disk and there you have it complete backup with all the proper menus and original non rencoded video. If you cant get the movie down below 4.3gb by stripping you can use trilights excellent guide in the doom9 forum.
    Quote Quote  
  26. You can also rip the original subpicture used for the menu with Subrip. Just let Subrip scan the vts_xx_00.vob file (the one containing the menu), and you end up with a set of subpicture exactly matching the original menu. The only thing you have to do is ajust the colors so they match the original.

Henk-Jan
    Quote Quote  
  27. Please note that i have just updated my tutorial to 1.3...the Option 2 and 3 now mention the Maestro AC3 Timecode step, and the Maestro Guide now has a new part d) which guides you thru how to fix the AC3 offset sync issue, in Maestro. Including this step will allow for perfectly synced AC3 audio.

I also fixed some of the letters for the steps which were wrong.

I will also update the Tutorial to 1.4 soon by adding a heap of pictures of the steps 8)

Encode on ppl,
    Blackout
    Quote Quote  
  28. Blackout,

Tutorial doesn't have an "o" at the beginning
    Quote Quote  
  29. Blackout thanks for the how to. I thought there was a way to do this without using ifoedit. However, you mention the use of the program DVDMaestro in you're tutorials but the program is unavailable now, what would be a good alternative?

Also, I have a question. It strays from you're step by step though. I have a folder dvd_video and sub folder video_ts where i have decrypted a movie. (snatch) I ended up with four vts_01_1 video files and one ifo file. All this totals only 3.54 gigs. Can I burn these files to dvd-r so that its playable on a standalone?

One OT question as well. Say I want to have a audio only dvd-r disc, filled with wave files. What do i have to do so that the disc will be recognized in the standalone or just simply burn the waves as making a normal audio cd?

Thanks much.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I ended up with four vts_01_1 video files and one ifo file. All this totals only 3.54 gigs. Can I burn these files to dvd-r so that its playable on a standalone?
    With IFOEDIT, you could have it create the VIDEO_TS.IFO for you (needed to play in standalone). Otherwise, you could demux the video and audio from the vobs and then remux them in your favorite authoring program (this will create the necessary VIDEO_TS.IFO). IFOEDIT is the simple, easy solution, but you don't want to use it?
    Quote Quote