VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone tell me if Playstation 2's play VCD.

If they can, do you need some type of software to play them.

I know on Dreamcast, that you need software.

Someone Reply Please.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. ps2 wont play vcds and also i own a dreamcast and im after the vcd player bootdisk not the file you add to the vcds the actual player anyone know where i can get it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-12 20:56:40, cross10 wrote:
    ps2 wont play vcds and also i own a dreamcast and im after the vcd player bootdisk not the file you add to the vcds the actual player anyone know where i can get it.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Look on IRC there are a lot of channels on there that have that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can play VCD's on a PS2, but the problem is you can only play 30 minute sections. So you need like 4 cd's for a 2 hour movie...AND you need a boot method (MOD chip, knife swap, etc.).

Its not even worth mess'n with at this point in the game.
    Quote Quote  
  5. damn its really getting old seeing this same question posted over and over and over and over again. Some of you people never used the search feature on a forum before always thinking you the first person to ask this question.

Anyway...

Yes the PS2 can play vcd's. 2 ways it can do it.
    1. Convert the Movie to PS2 media format using the tutorial
    2. Get the VCD bootdisc for PS2 (This is what you really want). Its still in beta but will play about 85% of the vcd's I have. The onlyproblems with it is that it can't play svcd.. yet. And has problems with vcds with menus and multiple video traccs.

Any if you need the actually VCD bootdisc for Dreamcast come in irc EFNet in #Candys, ask for it in there,if I'm there and awake I'll send it to you if you need/want it.
    My site - http://www.sinxation.com
    My Girlfriend's Web Site - http://www.bitch-nation.com
    Quote Quote