VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I made a svcd using tmgenc i used 3 cds i think the bitrate was like 2250 ok my question is the picture is beautiful aside from one thing. Maybe once in the whole movie there is like tiny little colored boxes that flash across the screen. But it doesn't do it all the time sometimes the movie will play perfect other times it won't usually it pixelates in the same spot though.

Can any one help me? PLease
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does it do it when you play the FILE on your pc ? if not, its prob the cd media you are using -- like get better disks , clean it , clean your player , etc ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. It does it on my pc too
    Quote Quote  
  4. It sounds like a few frames in your file are corrupt. It happens often when you download a file. If it really bothers you, you can simply delete these frames with vdub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've found some AVIs that required the SMR patch from the codec section on this site. If I tried to use TMPGEnc to convert to MPEG1 without it I would get these usually purple blocks that would come and go. This may not be helpful since you you're dealing with MPEG2 but I thought I would throw it out there.
    Take it easy. And if its easy take it twice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes but this was a dvd rip to svcd so I have the movie. I ripped it straight from the movie

What is so funny is that first cd i burnt straight from the image file and i watched the whole movie and it was beautiful then i tried to make a copy of the burnt movie and it has pixelization in certain parts of it. What causes this.?

Also the movie said it was letterboxed so I selected 16:9 and it created it with two extra black bars at the bottom so the movie has the original black bars at bottom then one more on top of them
    Quote Quote