VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Please can you advise any place where I can get cheap DVD-R media (branded or unbranded) which is reliable.

I have just purchased 100 pcs of SCAN DVD-R media (at 69p each), but I haven not been able to burn a single disc without write errors.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  

2. Hi!

I just wanna get this straight in my head ........
    You've done 100 DVD burns and NONE of them are readable??!!??

Geez, that's some going!

If this is the case I would suggest that it's something to do with your burn process rather than the media itself.
    Even with the worst un-branded rubbish that I've come across, I still manage to get 50% of them to work error-free.

Would you like to tell us your setup and what software you use to burn? (and also what type of DVD you're trying to burn - DVDvideo, ISOdata etc etc).

Speak to you soon .....

Sue xxx

Quote Quote  
  3. Hi.

I should have been more clear - I have tried it on 8 of the 100 DVD's and all have failed. Straight after the last failure, I tried burning to a Pioneer Branded media which reported no errors.

I am using Nero 5.5.8.3 and burning using the DVDVideo option.

Thanks for your help...

Dave
    Quote Quote  

4. OK Dave ..... I'm with you now!

First, I'd write an email to SCAN and tell them of your problems with their media .......
    and second, I'd go to http://www.121cdr.co.uk/ and buy some White Label disks - there are cheaper blanks to be had from these guys (like the BulkPaq) but White Label use the latest dye which give much better performance (ie. less errors).

I've bought from here for several months now and have always had great service.

Hope this helps!

Sue xxx
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for all your help...

Rgds
    Dave
    Quote Quote