VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have ripped many DVDs that are just movies, beginning to end, but now I have a DVD with 5 short films on it and when I run SmartRipper, DVD2AVI etc, all I get in the end is the first film. How do I get all of them?

Andy

ps - a good example of this task might be ripping a DVD of the simpsons first season, or a x-files DVD...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i dont know about Smart Ripper, DVD Decrypter is my program of choice.

In that, i would enable stream processing and rip each stream.

i would also go to the setting and under "file mode", uncheck select main movie files

i would then uncheck under IFO mode, main move PGC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That got me rolling, but now I am not sure how to follow through.

When I select the files, they are wanting to overwrite each other when I decrypt them one by one (the chapters are two minutes at a time.)

1) Is there a way to select all the files at once,

and

2) Once I have all the .vob files, how do I properly use DVD2AVI so the movies make sense (i.e. - if I rename files so they don't overwrite each other, will the DVD2AVI program work with them properly?)

Thanks, you masters-of-video,

Andy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    once you finnish ripping one, i would move it to anouther folder, avoiding the overight problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    some of the "program angles" are only a couple of seconds, and some are minutes, how do I know which are important?

sorry for the play-by-play,

Andy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if possible, annaylize the size.

You know a full episode isn't going to be small.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's working for me, one more question, will a decrypted/ripped program angle file ever be less than a whole episode? It looks like the answer is "no", in which case my job is a piece of cake. Am I right?

Andy
    Quote Quote  
  8. from another post of mine this could help with those multiple episode dvd's like stng x-files friends futurama etc. could do this and author and make your own menu's etc with dvd-it etc or once you finish step 2 just frame serve with dvd2avi each episode out of the big vob file and do what you will with it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    havent worked with dvd much. mostly svcd. but i recently just made a pretty good quality dvd-r with ac3 audio. and it really wasnt all that complicated.

a 7 gig dvd with just the 4 x files episodes about 180 mins of vid came in at 3.5 gig on the dvd-r.

i dont know if this will help you but. here is what i did

1. ripped "entire" dvd with smart ripper

2. used ifoedit to strip streams into one LARGE vob file came about 7 gigs

3. loaded the vob file into tmpegs latest version and used the tools to simpe demux the audio only into a 257 or so meg ac3 file.

4. Frame served vid only from the single vob using dvd2 avi using kwags
    half d1 compliant template for video only modified cbr from 2500/300 70% to 3000/2100 80%

5. popped both the m2v and ac3 file into dvd it pe burned to dvd-rw (sucess)

6. burned to dvd-r sucess

only complaint is with dvd it. making the chapters was a pain in the ass.
    and for some wierd reason at one pointi t stopped being able to play the m2v file. however to make the chapters i just read the times off the display in my soft dvd player from the dvd-rw i had pre authored with. burned any way and it came out fine.

if anyone intrested to check out the quality mail me i'll email a 10 second clip of the vid only to you.

-J
    Quote Quote