VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to put Star Wars: Phantom Menace on one dvd-r (like the ONE disk that its already on)..... AND ITS A 2 HOUR MOVIE..... so how do i fit all of that on one dvd-r..... can dvd recorders overburn like my cd recorder??????
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    www.vcdhelp.com/dvdripping.htm#dvd

doom9 and derrow have lots of guides.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    short reply is, strip and transcode the main movie VOB's . if you want the extras, as i always do, then you will do well by transcoding them as well, then re-author with scenarist and merge back into the original disc with ifoupdate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mol3000
    I want to put Star Wars: Phantom Menace on one dvd-r (like the ONE disk that its already on)..... AND ITS A 2 HOUR MOVIE..... so how do i fit all of that on one dvd-r..... can dvd recorders overburn like my cd recorder??????
    Ahh... you seem to be assuming that the DVD-Rs you purchase have the same capacity as the movie DVD-ROMs, often they do not. While many older DVD features use a single layer DVD-5 (equivalent to a DVD-R), most newer movie release are on DVD-9s, include all sorts of xtras and the features are frequently encoded to higher avg. bit rates than in days past. Getting one to fit on a DVD-R requires either transcoding the feature (and/or xtras) to a lower data rate and/or tossing some or all of the xtras.

See http://mpucoder.dynodns.net/derrow/copy.html for a good basic guide
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote