VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My VCD's are coming out a bit stretched. I.E. the faces look a bit thin and long. It isn't bad but it is annoying. I looked at the preview screen of DVD2AVI, and am convinced this is where the problem is starting. I don't see how SmartRipper could be the problem as it is just pulling down the data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. what settings are you using man?

either PAL or NTSC?

try set the baby to NTSC if you want to watch the movie on a standard Size screen when encodeing

hope that helps
    F1!! F1!! F1!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2AVi's preview displays a 16:9 (anamorphic) .vob as 4:3 screen. That does not effect any encode setting. Just keep in mind,that it is 16:9 when you going to resize and encode.

Edit: At 2nd view I have seen,that your finished VCD are stretched as well. Yes, as mentioned, you should consider to resize.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Truman on 2001-08-08 13:18:52 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anyone up to telling me how to resize in DVD2AVI? If I don't need to make the change there how about letting me know about TMPGEnc? Newbie here who needs baby steps.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD2AVI can not resize. The easiest way is to use TMPG and as long as you use TMPG as encoder you don't need any other tool to do it.
    Open TMPG, hit SETTING ,there is a "video" tab. Set aspect ratio to 4:3 525 line NTSC if you have a 4:3 NTSC TV or anything else corresponding to your TV.
    Go to the "advanced" tab. Select the source aspect ratio. For example, you have a DVD NTSC 16:9 (1:2,35 widescreen), then select 16:9 525 line NTSC.
    Quote Quote