VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am fairly new to the ripping of DVD's and putting them on a DVD.

I can seem to do it no probs when its a CD but not DVD??

Here is what I am doing

I rip my dvd using DVDX saving a Super VCD/MPEG 2

The output file comes out at about 2GB

Here is my problem

I am stuck when it comes to the burning process. I have tried using Nero it wont write DVD Video unless its in vob format with the ifo files etc and if you try to write as a SVCD it wont let you becasue 2GB wont fit on standard CD-R.

Now can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Do I get something to convert MPEG2 to VOB or
    Get somethhing which will allow me to write SVCD on a DVD.

Any help greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Richard

bert@dsl.pipex.com

P.S I dont care if the DVD has no menu's etc just as long as it willl play on a DVD player
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are you talking about? First you say put 2gigs on a CD-R then you talk about putting it on a DVD so witch is it a CD-R or DVD-R?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No im saying I can do SVCD to a CD-R of course as long as the file size is not too big.

I cant get SVCD onto a DVD-R and yes I do have a DVD Writter.

What do I do to get SVCD onto DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll bet if you read the "how to author" section, you'll find a guide there that shows how to do this.
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why not rip to DVD? www.vcdhelp.com/dvdripping.htm#dvd . You can't make svcd on a DVD (well you can author svcd on a dvd but that is not svcd www.vcdhelp.com/svcddvdr.htm )
    Quote Quote