VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. Guys, I'm new to this forum, but not to DVD Ripping. However, I have little experience with SVCDs. So I ask you whether I would have a better quality rip with a low bitrate, single 800mb SVCD, or double-disc VCD at 1150 bitrate. Please help me out!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I personally wouldn't go much below 1900 kbps VBR on my SVCD's myself--although sometimes I do go a bit lower to squeeze my movie onto two CD's. Why can't you do two discs with an SVCD? That's my recommendation, although VCD may be better to squeeze more time. I guess it depends on what your quality standard is and how well you can tweak your applications... Do both and compare them. That's what I'd probably do... Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just out of curiousity, do you guys prefer VCD or SVCD? And at what bitrate do you use, with how many discs per DVD Rip?
    Quote Quote