VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The model# is DVP2161-2165 (different for each color). This player is AMAZING!!!!! I am not shitting you when I tell you it plays DVD-Rs better than EVERYTHING else I own. I have a Toshiba, Apex AD-1500, Daewoo DVG-3000 and PSX2 and this little baby beats them all. With an excellent remote and interface, the only thing that is a negative is the color choices (neon blue, purple etc.). This thing is TINY and has optical and component outs along with the analog and RCA/S-video outs. The one thing I read is that it does not play SVCDs great but I have a DVD-R burner so it does not matter to me. As far as DVD-Rs go, I give it a 10/10! While my other players played DVD-Rs pretty well, there would be times were ones created with IFOedit would give me slight problems (only 2x FF, no A-B, stopping at chapter transfers). Not the Koss, it plays at FULL speed all the way through and handled my biggest troublemaking disc with no hiccups. Highly recommend portable player for those who are interested!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do they have a website? What's the addy?? Does it play VCD's OK?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can't find any info on the web about this player. It sounds interesting...if anyone has more info, please post.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just looked at Target's web site... it's not on there, yet.

It's probably in the stores only....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When is someone going to make a portable svcd player? 90% of my movie collection is in svcd and it would be pointless for me to buy a player that does not play them
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazon has it (inc. pictures) for $149.99.

It should be no surprise that for this price, there's no LCD screen.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000632FZ/ref%3Dnosim/booksnsuch5-20/102-0237576-8759305
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes. It is an In-Store promotion only. Yes, it is only $79.00 (Regularly $99.99). It's colors are a tad on the fruity side but hey not bad for the price. I got one this afternoon and tested it. Nice little player (about the size of a PS-ONE). Good enough for the kids room or a guest room. I went back and got another one for the PC room.

I like it.. Not the colors of the darn thang. But as long as it plays fine, who cares if it is a nice Hot pink with flowers on it....

By the this player plays VCDs great. I put in one made with Kwag's wonderful KVCD format at 352x480 rez and it played it fine.

Sod out....
    Quote Quote  
  8. I bought this player in may. We hooked it up to the tv in the van and the kids watched vcd's on vacation. I tried it with Blade 2 svcd and it played fine. I give it a 9
    Quote Quote  
  9. It's not a portable player it's a compact player.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it run on batteries???
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Bought one today also and so far I am impressed. Haven't seen one this small for so cheap and the quality is pretty good. I hooked it up in the car and it worked fine. Will not work on batteries and DC coverter is not supplied but works on 12v. Closest product I've seen is on Mp3playerstore.com and it's $149. Good place to get a 5.6 inch monitor, though ($129).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yep, it's true!. Now you can watch your KVCD's in your car too

"Interior shot highlights are the Recaro SRD Seats, 2 APEXi Computers
    and Panasonic CQVA707WEUC 7" WideScreen Headunit with a Koss Dvp-2162,
    which supports DVD, MP3, SVCD, VCD, CDR, CDRW, JPG & KVCD + alot more."

Link here:
    http://www.ssgti.net/pgti/s46.htm

-kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote