VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I imagine this has been asked before, so forgive me if I am asking repetitive questions. I DID try a search, but did not find anything.
    What exactly is the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R
    And also, does the same apply to DVD-RW and DVD+RW

Any simple answer would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. they really the same thing. DVD-R from what I have heard play's in more DVD player's. I real do not think one format will kill another. If you want a DVD-R DVD-RW go to http://www.shopharmony.com get the Pioneer AO4 for 300 bucks good deal if you want a DVD+R DVD+RW www.esbuy.com has the Ricoh for $350.00. I did have a Ricoh 2600a burner 2X for CDr's and it sucked big time had one it broke returned it for the same one with in a year it broke again. But I think it was just that one bad model. And lot of people say the Ricoh 2.4X DVD+r burner is good. One thing DVD-R blacks are alot cheeper right now DVD+R I think will come down soon give it about five more month to get the price's down on there black's DVD+R just came out. In the fall both DVD- R and DVD+R I think will have 4X burner's. One thing I do like Ulead DVD for burning DVD's that I capture from my Dish really easy. If you want to rip a DVD I think you can use nero and if it's to big then use TMPG to encode down to fit on DVDr
    Quote Quote  
  3. I got all that - have been backing up my dvd's just in case.
    I presently have the A-104
    So what you are saying is that there is no real difference between a DVD-R or a DVD+R, other than that DVD-R's play in more players?

Correct?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!