VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I imagine this has been asked before, so forgive me if I am asking repetitive questions. I DID try a search, but did not find anything.
    What exactly is the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R
    And also, does the same apply to DVD-RW and DVD+RW

Any simple answer would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. they really the same thing. DVD-R from what I have heard play's in more DVD player's. I real do not think one format will kill another. If you want a DVD-R DVD-RW go to http://www.shopharmony.com get the Pioneer AO4 for 300 bucks good deal if you want a DVD+R DVD+RW www.esbuy.com has the Ricoh for $350.00. I did have a Ricoh 2600a burner 2X for CDr's and it sucked big time had one it broke returned it for the same one with in a year it broke again. But I think it was just that one bad model. And lot of people say the Ricoh 2.4X DVD+r burner is good. One thing DVD-R blacks are alot cheeper right now DVD+R I think will come down soon give it about five more month to get the price's down on there black's DVD+R just came out. In the fall both DVD- R and DVD+R I think will have 4X burner's. One thing I do like Ulead DVD for burning DVD's that I capture from my Dish really easy. If you want to rip a DVD I think you can use nero and if it's to big then use TMPG to encode down to fit on DVDr
    Quote Quote  
  3. I got all that - have been backing up my dvd's just in case.
    I presently have the A-104
    So what you are saying is that there is no real difference between a DVD-R or a DVD+R, other than that DVD-R's play in more players?

Correct?
    Quote Quote