VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I'm trying to Copy Zoolander and all the extras etc but its over 4.7gigs, so I've Ripped the full DVD to my HD

Then I've used ReMpeg to shrink the main part of movie, this created a new Mpeg without any audio(is this normal?)

I then used DVD2AVI to RIP the audio from the main VOBs on my HD.

Now, do I use TMPGE to mux the audio wav file and video to create a new mpeg2 file with audio?????????????? <<< Will someone tell me if this is right so far??????

Now I need to convert this file back to vobs, but I've only got Ulead DVD workshop to convert , so I'd have to use a blank DVD-R as there is no option to convert to vobs to your HD,

Ok lets say I used a blank DVD-R once the information is burn't could I then copy the VTS files(on the DVD-R) back to the original folder where I first ripped the movie, obviously deleting the old MAIN movie VTS files, then could I use nero to burn the whole contents thus creating a DVD copy with all extras menus etc etc (perfect copy just with the main movie re-encoded at a lower bit rate)

Is this correct way to copy? would this work? do I need to do anything else?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, to me what you have described seems to be very long winded. Have you tried using DVDx 2.0 (freeware), with this you can rip the movie and it will automatically will convert it to MPEG1, I think by default. You need to specify the chapters first though. So you can have the movie and all the extras including subtitles if required.

If you then just want a VCD, just use Nero to burn the Mpeg file to CDR for you.

If you want Mpeg2 then use TMPGenc (freeware too!!) to encode the Mpeg1 file to Mpeg2 and burn away.

Hope that helps, by the way I'm no expert just a newbie!!

chrome ;0)

Oh forgot to mention that it removes Macrovision settings for you too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Chrome307,

If you then just want a VCD, just use Nero to burn the Mpeg file to CDR for you.

If you want Mpeg2 then use TMPGenc (freeware tool!!) to encode the Mpeg1 file to
    Mpeg2 and burn away

-Chrome307
    It only sounds long winded to you because you're a newbie and probably have no clue as to what he is trying to accomplish; no wait it sounds long winded because you didn't even bother to read the entire post, if you did then you'd understand that he is trying to copy a the entire contents of a DVD to DVD-R while using a lower bitrate on the main part of the film in order to fit the entire contents of the DVD onto a DVD-R

Nowhere in Star-rats post did he/she even come close to mentioning VCD MPEG1 or MPEG2.

Chrome307 learn to read the ENTIRE POST and not make F'ed up Assumptions.

"Assumptions are the mother of all F^(k Ups"
    -John Travolta in Broken Arrow
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you used REmpeg to transcode the vob's then you created an .m2v file which contains no audio,it's the video stream only. You should use Ifoedit to remux the .m2v back into the ifo file in your ripped directory.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got the message!! You made me laugh :0)

I didn't read his post or understand it, but hey you did and did you offer him any advice? LOL

chrome ;0)
    Quote Quote