Hey Guys, new here, but i have been backing up DVD's for a while now, with no problems until:

I reinstalled my OS couple of days ago. Mistakingly Installed a version of Nero that is only for Cendyne Burners. Mine is a TDK. Didn't notice as i didn't burn any CD's. Used SmartRipper to rip a dvd, no problems. Next day realised that i had the wrong version of nero, uninstalled it, and installed the version that came with my burner. Tried ripping another DVD, it looked like it worked, but WINDVD could only play the first frame, and loading it into REMpeg gave the unsupported resolution(Some huge resolution here) error message. though this was very strange as i had only rippedone the day before, so i tried ripping the last dvd that had successfully finished...no good, same error. SO, i am running xp pro, so i used system restore to go back a day to when my dvd's were ripping correctly, tried the two dvds that had failed, both ripped perfectly, used system restore to go back to the day they weren't working and once again they both failed. The only difference in my machine between the 2 days is the different nero version. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks in advance for any help, i can't figure it out.