VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi all,

which app do you like for ripping?

smart ripper
    or
    dvd decryptor

i noticed that dvd decryptor was running at 5.8x on my last rip
    as opposed to smart ripper 1-1.5x

is there a quality issue here?

has anyone had any bad experiences with dvd decryptor

thanks

-moley
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I myself use SR

Works fine for me

Quote Quote  
  3. i would like to know myself which one out there is the best and fastest ripper ???????
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a pretty good review of all the rippers at http://www.doom9.org

I personally use DVD Decrypter.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vstrip is probably the best, and also probably the hardest to learn and use. dvd decrypter is the 2nd best and very close at that. the review on doom9 is old unless they updated it today =) but even he states in one of the guides that the newest version of dvd decrypter is the best and what he always uses. i used it once and gave up on smart ripper totally, and i rip about 10-12 a week for use in dvd-r back ups
    Quote Quote  
  6. He's updated that guide fairly recently to include info on the newer DVD Decrypter v3+.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use dvd decryptor. Started using it because I got tired of having to start the movie before ripping with smart ripper. I still use an older version of decryptor downloaded in april. It works great so I had no use to upgrade. I average about 6-9x and it really flies near the end.
    Quote Quote