VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just recently purchased the above card, and am having some issues with the tv-out: it's in black and white. I'm using the composite out after the s-video adapter included with the card and can't seem to fix it.

I can't test the card with S-video because I don't have any s-video components to test it with :/.

If I use TVCC and up the color carrier, it does go to color - but I would like this to be a perm. thing so I don't have to use TVCC all the time. (That and since it seems to be out of development).

I'm wondering if I should return the card and ask for a new one to see if it's just the card, or just deal with it or if there is another solution.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bah, what kind of TV do you have? PAL or NTSC? If the card is set to the wrong mode, you could get a B&W picture, or it my not sync at all, heh.
    Try looking for a utility to change video mode to match your TVs... I forget what's it called, but it's over at DVD Digest somewhere, in the geforce specific section, which I think is http://www.dvd-digest.com/nvidia/
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was going to edit the post to mention this, but figured it wouldnt matter. Guess I was wrong. It's and NTSC TV.

I tried PAL/NTSC/ETC. All possible modes, etc. using the standard drivers. SO it's def. not that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Necromancyr on 2001-07-02 12:30:09 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had the same card and the same problem. Its not the TV Mode -- its the SVHS to composite converter. If you use the composite to svhs converter ( that come with some video cards) as a svhs to composite it comes out as b/w because the luminance (color)is carried in a different way (I forget how). Go to radio shack and get a $20 svhs to composite converter. Or get a long svhs cable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: suspect on 2001-07-02 13:25:48 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hrm, well the card HAS a Svhs-->composite convertor. I take it you mean that convertor is screwed right? There is no composite out on the card, need to use a convertor.
    Quote Quote  
  6. yeah you need to buy a new svhs to composite converter.
    Quote Quote