VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have anyone tried this software to rip DVD to SVCD? Only Dup-DVD has a trial version and I could only get about a couple of minutes of DVD ripped. They all offer fairly simple user interface and automatically split the files to fit on multiple CDs. I am very interested to find out if they actually work. I am using DVD2SVCD to convert DVD to SVCD. However, I have trouble getting the bin file created to fit on 1 CD. I tried on a TV show, the avenger DVD and the file is larger than 700MB, so it won't fit on 1 CD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVD2SVCD its free, in the tools section ,and very simple to use. you also need TMPGEnc plus for the encoding, get a free trial at www.pegasys-inc.com I think that is how you spell it. You cant tell it from orig.DVD I havent tried DUP DVD yet. This works exellent! For SVCD
    Where the heart is is where the soul goes, when it is all over.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I downloaded the DVD2SVCD and the TMPGEnc software. It seems fairly easy to use. I followed the guide posted in Doom 9 and tried to rip an Avengers CD. There are 3 shows on the DVD, DVD2VCD only finds the first show, does not seem to find the other 2 shows on the disk. Any suggestions. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not shure. Try to post a new thread, asking that spacific question. I have only backed up single movies,myself. sorry
    dtoolman
    Where the heart is is where the soul goes, when it is all over.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To get the additional episodes in your DVD using DVD2SVCD, simply click on the dropdown box that contains the runtime on the (I think) Conversion tab. You will find the times for all the episodes. Simply select a different one. After selecting a different runtime, do NOT go to another tab to change a setting. DVD2SVCD resets to the first episode! I learned this AFTER I had ripped and encoded the same MASH episode 8 times! Another plus, DVD2SVCD also allows you to deselect specific chapters. I was able to skip the intro and the credits to save time and space.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ***link deleted by Truman***
    Quote Quote