VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Why does the audio goes out of sync, when I convert a 23,976 fps avi movie to a 29,9 fps svcd file! I have checked the interlace buttom, that should not change the sync, should it?

Quote Quote  
  3. I play it on my DVD player (nintaus), it is not so much out of sync, but it will get worse when you get in the movie!!

Your DVD player is acting like the MPEG file is 29.97 fps but in reality it is only 23.976, thus resulting in audio getting out of sync because 29.97 frames are being displayed when only 23.976 are supposed to be, but the audio is thinking that it is 23.976 when it is showing 29.97. Duh!

I think you can fix it by enabling "3:2 pulldown on playback" when encoding, if your encoder has that option.

AP Enterprises Ltd.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If your source is 23.976, you definitely need to add the 3:2 pulldown bits.

However, you should really spell out the steps you take to encode and mux the file - it kind of depends on those.

Typically, you encode the 23.976 movie with the 3:2 pulldown on playback (for TMPGENc). If you don't have that option, find pulldown.exe from the Tools and run it after encoding (CCE requires this method). Then mux the result with the audio. That should all come out in sync. For TMPGEnc, you can encode the audio at the same time. For CCE - you would need to encode it separately, so that you can get the 3:2 pulldown bits on the mpv/m2v file before muxing with the audio.

I hope that made some sense to you...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have the 3:2 pulldown button, but I have tried to use it before and then the audio was out of sync! My problem is that i have some 23,976 fps movies, and if i convert them to 25 fps svcd they gets choppy and if I convert to 29,9 the audio id out of sync, i have tried all now, to split the the audio and video stream and convert them seperatly to 25 fps and then make the audio stream just as long as the 25 fps video stream, then put them together with tmp, but it brings it out of sync!!
    Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  8. No it does not play correct on my computer! What do you mean by format? I have an avi (divx) file and i convert to svcd! Is that what you mean?

Quote Quote  
  10. Dont understand what you mean, I'm trying to encode a 23,976 fps avi movie to a SVCD 29,9 NTSC movie, but the audio is out of sync, after encoding!

I've never had this problem b4, and I converted 15fps, 23.975fps to both pal 25 and ntsc 29.97. and no I don't use 3:2 pulldown like the other guys were saying.

r u using the templates? and which one r u using?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Im using the supervideocd (ntsc) template! If your not using 3:2 pulldown are you then using interlaced?

13. I usually only make sxvcd or vcd. but I have try svcd ntsc b4, I just convert it to non interlaced. as far as I know I would only use non-interlaced for dvd rips whilst avi r already non-interlaced anyway

personally, to stop make it less likely to jerk I would set no motion search for still pictures to off, and use soften block noise

as for the 25fps one, u must have been using the pal template.
    Quote Quote  
  14. When you say non-interlaced, do you mean under Advanced ot under video? I made a little test and the audio worked as it should, but after i burned it, and wanted to watch it on my dvd, i couldn't (my dvd CAN play NTSC movie, so it aint that!) And I have remembered to change from PAL to NTSC before burn process in NERO!

which version of nero r u using?
    Quote Quote  
  16. the newest dont know what version!

First, get VirtualDub and save the audio as a WAV file (uncompressed). Then feed the video to TMPGEnc at 23.976, have TMPGEnc treat the frames as non-interlaced and have it set the 3:2 pulldown bits, and feed the wav file to TMPGEnc for the audio instead of using the audio in the Divx.

Quite often, Divx audio is MP3, and most of the encoders, etc. do not handle the timing of MP3 properly.

This procedure fixes that.
    Quote Quote  
  18. OK, i'll try that! But do you mean that I should convert the avi file to a svcd in 23,976 fps! I have tried that, and you cant burn a svcd 23,976, it will have to be 25 og 29,9 fps!!

You can do it two ways - run pulldown.exe on the mpv/m2v video file after encoding it at 23.976, or if you're using TMPGEnc, just use the 3:2 pulldown when playback setting in the Encode Mode: menu of the Video section.

3:2 pulldown converts 23.976 to 29.97 by "flagging" every 4th field to be duplicated (roughly speaking), increasing the frame rate by 25%. THis only works for SVCD - for VCD you can't do this...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Do you mean that i should split the movie in audio and video, so i have a "clean" video stream and a .wav stream! Then I open the avi file in tmp under video source and the wav file under audiosource! Then (or before all that), I load the Svcd ntsc template, and checks the bow 3:2 pulldown on playback!
    Quote Quote  
  21. But when I set the framerate to 29,97 under the video tab, and choose 3:2 pulldown on playback (also under the Video tab), it says that i cant run 3:2 pulldown on playback when the framerate isn't 23,976 or 24! But i can only use 25 fps or 29,97 fps, when I will burn it and see the movie on my DVD player!
  22. Check the source very carefully to be sure that IT is not out of synch at the end! If it is, you can try to fix it with virtualdub. Video | framerate menu, set option for match audio and video, turn on full processing for audio and video.

About 3:2 - if the mpeg2 file is 23.976 and 3:2 pulldown is enabled, the player will insert frames so that 29.97 is displayed. The file will have fewer frames so it will be shorter. It should burn and play ok. This is NTSC advice.

If the file is encoded to 29.97 then it does not make sense to insert more frames.

Again, double check the source. That was my mistake of the day...

Quote Quote  
  23. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-06 17:43:32, tlund wrote:
    But when I set the framerate to 29,97 under the video tab, and choose 3:2 pulldown on playback (also under the Video tab), it says that i cant run 3:2 pulldown on playback when the framerate isn't 23,976 or 24! But i can only use 25 fps or 29,97 fps, when I will burn it and see the movie on my DVD player!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Read what I told you to do again - You take the movie and modify it's framerate to be 23.976. Then when you load it into TMPGEnc, it will say 23.976 fps. When you click on the 3:2 pulldown, TMPGEnc will change the framerate to 29.97. Basically, leave the fps field alone - just let TMPGEnc tell you what you get.

And yes, your "Do you mean...." section is exactly correct. If you do that, things will work well. Just leave the fps field alone.
    Quote Quote  
  24. OK, when you say modify it's framerate to be 23.976, what do you mean, the movie IS a avi 23,976 fps! Now I'll write the steps I use and you can correct me if I'm wrong!

1: Start TMP
    2: I load the Super Video CD (NTSC) template and then the unlock template.
    3: Under video source I choose the "clean" video file (I made with V-dub.
    4: Under Audio source I choose the wav file I also made with v-dub.
    5: In settings I now choose 3:2 pulldown when playback, under the video tab, under encode mode.
    6: Then you say the framerate should change from 23,976 fps to 29,97 fps, but the 23,976 is still displayet under framerate.

25. I have now tried to do as in my last post, the first time i split the movie in audio and video streams, but the audio was out of sync. Them I tried not to split it first, but that didn't help? I have found out to make to 29,97 fps, but the audio is out of sync no matter what i do! I have checked the avi file,and the audio is in sync the whole movie! So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!