VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i'm new to dvd writing but i read almost all the related guides to this and yesterday i tryed to split the kiss of the dragon movie into 2 parts like the guide of doom9 says but i only get the beginning part of the dvd started with the warning on and then it gives an error that says that it could not read a file on the dvd then i retry again but still the same problem so there must be something i do wrong so i hope somebody can help me out please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not exactly sure what your saying....are you failing during the ripping stage??
    Are you ripping the movie to your hard drive first?
    I ripped "kiss of the dragon" direct to hard drive with smart ripper ...no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. madmize, did you copy koftd to one dvdr or two. how can you tell which VOB ID to keep when you have "strip vob ids" checked off in IFOEDIT.
    i tried copying the movie to one dvdr but it's just too big for one dvdr.
    i really don't want to reencode the movie.
    thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. no i ripped it with dvd decryptor and that part was good then i use ifoedit to split it in 2 dvd's then i copyd the first files again to the 2 new dvd's and then i remove user option prohibitions then final sector adjustements like it was told in the guide on doom9 so maybe i do something wrong i can also set the step by step how i do it if you need to know that just ask ok thx for the reply's i really need help in this
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I had to leave for a bit.

dolby: I re-encoded entire thing down to fit on one CDR....
    But as far as I can tell the doom9 guide tells you just about everthing you need...for striping out stuff use:
    http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm
    infoedit will give you the vob ids..

thebest: so you are having problems with final product...You disc just aint working right.....read very carefully the part (in your guide) about what files must be on both discs...I'm guessing something has been left off.. and thats what its looking for...and thus cant read.
    Quote Quote  
  6. what i wanne do is put all dvd9 onto 2dvd5 so the way to this is almost the same as the guides says i think but the guide isn't quite easy to use
    for example the vob file with the movie init in the guide they see that it is easy to see what file it is for me it isn't but i find out it is vob4 but if i'm wrong tell me
    i copy paste all the files exept the vob 4 files because they where cut in 2
    10 chapters on cd1 and 10 on cd2 tommorow i'll paste the original rip files and the final rip files from the split then you can see it cya laters bro's
    Quote Quote