VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I open a VOB file larger than 1GB, the opened process only access the amount of frames corresponding to 1GB.
    Why?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never had a .vob, that was larger than 1gig. At http://www.doom9.org I saw a tool called vobSplit. Maybe you should try that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. did not know you can open a vob file within TMPGEnc. i just tried it (using 12h) and it said that a few DLL files were missing and that the format is not supported.

Do I need any other file to encode vob to mpeg using TMPGEnc.

I use Flask to BBMpeg to TMPGEnc to rip a DVD to mpeg2.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used it once for audio conversion (musik dvd-->mp3). But actually this is not the usually way.
    arivan, why do you want to open a .vob in TMPG? Use dvd2avi instead.
    Quote Quote  
  5. For opening VOB files you need to install some mediashow filters?, the ones with .ax extension. But I am not sure.
    I use SMART RIPPER to rip DVD files to one big VOB with only the audio track I want, so I can directly encode with TMPGEnc. But there's this strange barrier that only allows me to encode 1GB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I forgot to mention:

I use TMPGEnc to encode DVDs to SVCDS to play in my PIONEER DV_535. It does it really fine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. dunno...the vobs smartripper rips r over 1 gig...but u're suppose to create project .d2v file w/ dvd2avi...so tempgenc doesn't have to deal w/ the vobs directly...just load .d2v file into tempgenc...and tempgenc will use .d2v file to find the vobs and use it to encode the video portion of yer SVCD
    Quote Quote