VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Necessary Files
    DVD-Decrypter (Freeware)

Introduction
    Tired of going through all of that trouble with Smart Ripper to rip your VOBs to your HD, then making you VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders, THEN having to load up your DVD Recording program to burn the directories properly...HOPING that you chose the correct settings. Well, I want to save you the risk of tossing a $1.00-$7.00 DVD-R Disk in the trash with this DVD-Decrypter guide. Read on!

Step-by-Step
    1.) Insert the DVD into your DVD-ROM or DVD-R(W) drive.

2.) Fire up DVD-Decrypter, click on Mode>ISO>Read as shown below.

3.) Select your Source (1), Destination (2), and Start Ripping (3). DVD-Decypter will automatically remove any protection, such as CSS and CPPM and Put it all in a ready-to-record ISO file.

(note: The DVD I had in my Drive when I wrote this tutorial was bigger than 4.7Gigabytes. Your DVD will NEED to be less than 4.7G in order to fit on a normal DVD-R -- or until 9.4G media comes out)

4.) Next, click on Mode>ISO>Write. From here you need to load your newly created ISO file (1), Select your Burner (2), and burn your perfect DVD copy (3). Keep in mind that the settings selected in this picture can, but don't necessarily need to be changed.

5.) Enjoy your newly copied 1:1 DVD. I found this to be my DVD Copying method of choice, so i thought i'd simplify and share the information. Thanks to the author of DVD-Decrypter for such a great tool!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did we really need a guide for this? I mean, I know it is currently the only software that is capable of doing this but nonetheless, it is just a function of the program. Thanks to light tho for his great work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried out the DVD decrypter and the reading part went through find.
    But it starts to write and it gave thisASPI Command error
    Interpretation:cannot Read Medium-Incompatible format. I am
    using a DVDRW disc. I don't understand what exactly what it means,
    could you please me out.

Thanks,
    Minh Tran
    Quote Quote  
  4. can someone tellme what dvd movies are actually only 4.7g?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Single layer DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. followed instructions to the letter this did not work only left with rar files to import not recognised
    Quote Quote  
  7. this does not work
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did'nt work for me either....anyone want a $5 coaster?
    Quote Quote  
  9. anyone buying coasters please ask got loads all we need is some some good advise sory to anyone if this is not gramaticly correct or punctuated
    or even spelled correctly only here for advice
    Quote Quote  
  10. not ment for u hut but asked some questions last week and got some really sarky answers sarcastic answers but only trying to learn a few things the easy way
    Quote Quote  
  11. rar files? DVD Decryptor does not make rar files, Winrar does, you should have only an iso image on the hardrive to burn. I use a lower version of DVD Decryptor and rip all the files ( ifo, bup & vob ) to a directory ( usally the name of the movie ), I then fire up Nero 5.5.8.2, select DVD video, drag n drop the all ripped files only ( NOT the directory ) into the VIDEO_TS directory on the iso image window ( on the left side ) inside of Nero and burn. Works everytime for Single Layer DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
  12. using 3.1.0.0 dvd decypter and nero 5.5.8.0
    Quote Quote  
  13. have tried that get reallocation errorr
    Quote Quote  
  14. so i sould use a early version of decrypter
    Quote Quote  
  15. and yes following guide How to Copy a 4.7G DVD to DVD-R Simply with DVD-Decrypter only get rar files
    Quote Quote  
  16. they just show up as rar files any ideas would be helpful cheers kev
    Quote Quote  
  17. dont show this guide on ur front page if it dont work
    Quote Quote  
  18. does the flash know somthing that we dont
    Quote Quote  
  19. rar fifes extratiing tell u more later
    Quote Quote  
  20. 30 miutes later stil extracting what burnng
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you gotta be kidding. How can I put 144 min movie to 120 min DVD-R?. Does DVDdecryptor has some hidden bit rate change buttom? No. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  22. nivek: I dont see why DVD-Decrypter would be outputting RAR Files. Try upgrading by clicking on the download link in my guide. It should output a large ISO file which is ready for recording.

Also, i noticed a bug in DVD-Decrypter which causes confusion during the burning process. Do NOT click MAX as your speed, or your DVD-RW Drive will try to burn at 8x, causing an error. Please only select 1x or 2x (depending on your DVD-R(W) media). Thanks to the DVD-Decrypter forum for that info.

Other than that, i dont see how people could be having problems. It's flawless for myself and friends of mine. And note that this guide is simply for Single Layer 4.7Gig media. I know that Dual Layered DVDs are the norm these days, but Single Layered disks are still around, and that's what this guide is for.
    Quote Quote  
  23. the last prog installed was win rar unrared files burned back played alright
    for 2 minutes then locked up have installed iso buster this morning for something to do got some new dvdr's neo ripped again now im left with a iso buster icon it seems when i rip your way my iso seems to associate with the last thing i have installed ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. media problem may have been half the problem the neo disks work a treat
    Quote Quote  
  25. finally burned back my first dvd rip thanks to u good dvdrs must be the key neo worked for me cheers
    Quote Quote  
  26. Glad you got things sorted. Hope my guide becomes helpful to others as well.

-Matt
    Quote Quote  
  27. How do we know if it's single or double layer? Does it say so on the package of the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  28. The link to download at the top of the guide will not work for me. Just goes to a blank screen
    Quote Quote  
  29. I used the method of ripping with dvd decrytpor, then burning to nero 5582. It did not work. it made a bunch of files that play in fast motion on windvd. When I burn it, it doesn't play on any dvd player, including the pc one. See, some of these methods work on non encrypted dvd's, and give us the false illusion that it de encrypts.
    Quote Quote  
  30. haynes,

it does decss, next time do the following, instead of decrypting to an iso try decrypting to the hard drive instead ( using the same vob file structure ) and then try playback on computer, it will work. Though I use v 2.4 ( as it does not offer the option to decrypt to an iso file, it does decrypt well ) the results should be the same.
    Quote Quote