VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ripped black hawk with smartripper converted w/ dvd2avi/ tmpeg/ to create 2 vcds. My problem is dvd2avi cut video into 2 sections each 1.93 gigs each about an hour long, and the audio into 1 file. iconvertd part 1 i hour and 7 minutes to vcd with no problems but when i loaded the 2nd video file and choose the onlu audio file it converted part 2 video using the sound from one. In other words although i checked the sound file to make sure all 214 minutes were there for some reason tmpeg didnt sync the audio and video. Ant idea how to correct? or is there a avi file joiner so i could just join 2 avi files? Any help would be appreciated. tia shawn
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you are saving the file as an avi using DVD2AVI, dont let the name mislead you, theres a far better and quicker way to do this especially if your using Tmpeg.

Load your Vob files into DVD2AVI and select your Audio and Video settings, yours will probaly differ but i always use these.

FOR VIDEO
    Color Space RGB 24-Bit
    YUV>RGB- TV Scale

FOR AUDIO
    Track Number One
    Dolby Digital Set To Decode
    Dolby Surround Downmix
    48>44.1khz set to OFF

The go to file ans select SAVE PROJECT, this will create a d2v file and a wav file, DO NOT DELETE the vobs as the d2v file is tiny and is only a link to the vobs, if you save as an avi you end up with at least 2 massive files as Earlier windows file systems cant have files bigger than 2gb.

Load the d2v file into Tmpeg in the video box and the wav in the audio and encode away, all you need to do after that is split it if you need to.

Hope this helps
    :P
    Quote Quote