VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The latest version 12h was installed yesterday and today I couldn't start up the computer. It hung on the last part waiting for a release or something so the icons would show up on the bottom of my screen. Windows 98se, PII 300. After it was deleted the computer started on the first try. It took 4 trys this morning.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hey, do a thorough scandisk and defrag. If you have eDonkey2000, do not repair files cuz that is temp files. After doing that, reinstall TMPGEnc 12H. I just got it but havent used it yet. I've had it for 3 days. Make sure you aren't installing it in an odd directory either. I have mine installed in c:\my downloaded files\tmpgenc v12 H just make sure its not in the windows or program files dir just to be safe. Also, click on start, then run, type in msconfig, click on startup tab on far right and check to make sure there is no program running at startup associated with tmpgenc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Sean,

Thanks for the tips. I did have the program in a sub folder in My Documents and moved it to the C drive proper. Things started to improve after I unchecked some old programs using msconfig. It mustabeen chocking on all that stuff. I did a complete scan and it is all okay then defraged. Amazing how messed up it got in 14 days. Seems to be working correctly now.
    Thanks again,

Michael
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried 12h and no probs. The MPG2 encoding is visibly better (although I can't tell if it's better than 12a).
    Quote Quote