VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have got a few mails about this cvd image size thing and I can greatly say ITS YOUR FAULT . yOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE GUIDE CORRECTLY. I will have to edit the guide now anyhow so will add what you missed.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have reworte the guide to combat the "couldn't select cvd bug". Try it again.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by doug57
    i do not see the resize tab either
    also cant get vcdimage to work
    i am running xp is this the problem
    many thanks
    Doug

I had that problem also....skip past that part and come back at the end. After you do all the other parts it will be there.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hitch
    Ok, I've tried countless times reinstalling the new build 3 beta version from doom9.org forum on two different computers, but I just can't seem to see the "resize to" tab that allow sto change resolution to CVD in the frameserver screen as shown in baker's guide.

It's not greyed out, it just isn't there! Is anyone else having a similar problem? Is there something obvious I'm missing during installation?

Thanks in advance
    I had the same thing...just skip that option for the moment and do everything else. Then go back and it will be there...it was for me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You have indicated that the resulting file will be DVD compliant, my question is will this create just one file? and what is the file format? I am using DVDiT to creat my DVD-Rs. I am now using some of the KDVD templates and so far they work great, but looking at the CCE, some folks indicate a faster processing time with the CCE. So I would like to try your DVD2SVCD but don't what to lose time if I have to convert the file again. Many thanks

Aloha
    Bud
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ thehutt,
    I have edited the guide to fix this bug. refresh it and you will see.

@bug,
    It will create about 3 files but you can burn these on s dvd-r anyway.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ thehutt,

@bug,
    It will create about 3 files but you can burn these on s dvd-r anyway.

@baldrick,
    Lately I am getting to c the message "failed sending e-mail" when I try to post. Any soloution?

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  10. It's not because of your OS.
    I followed the guide and I also noticed that the resize thingy wasn't there but I just continued the guide + setting everything in order like subtittles and stuff, the I looked back to the Frameserving tab and it was there. It appeared out of thin air. So just set all the settings you want and just before you rip and convert go to the tab and it will be there
    Quote Quote  
  11. It's not because of your OS.
    I followed the guide and I also noticed that the resize thingy wasn't there but I just continued the guide + setting everything in order like subtittles and stuff, the I looked back to the Frameserving tab and it was there. It appeared out of thin air. So just set all the settings you want and just before you rip and convert go to the tab and it will be there
    Quote Quote  
  12. It's not because of your OS.
    Quote Quote  
  13. It's not because of your OS.
    I followed the guide and I also noticed that the resize thingy wasn't there but I just continued the guide + setting everything in order like subtittles and stuff, then I looked back to the Frameserving tab and it was there. It appeared out of thin air. So just set all the settings you want and just before you rip and convert go to the tab and it will be there (if you are as lucky as me)
    Quote Quote  
  14. It's not because of your OS.
    I followed the guide and I also noticed that the resize thingy wasn't there but I just continued the guide + setting everything in order like subtittles and stuff, then I looked back to the Frameserving tab and it was there. It appeared out of thin air. So just set all the settings you want and just before you rip and convert go to the tab and it will be there (if you are as lucky as me)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @vicex4

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  16. My movie is just finished and must say that the result is amazing THANX ALOT FOR THE GUIDE
    Quote Quote  
  17. ah like baldrick said use .gif with a palette of 128 colors instead of jpeg (especially at that compression ratio ) , it will look perfect and be much smaller
    Quote Quote  
  18. Guest
    Originally Posted by hitch
    I'm running windows 2000 (both computers) so maybe it's a related issue.

Haven't tried CDImager so don't know about that.
    My first post for those who don't have the resized cd showing, go to msc tap and select advance on dvd2svcd leve..
    Quote Quote  
  19. Guest
    go to misc tap and select advance on dvd2svcd leve and the resized cd on the frameserver should show up
    Quote Quote  
  20. Guest
    go to misc tap and select advance on dvd2svcd leve and the resized cd on the frameserver should show up
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by hitch
    Ok, I've tried countless times reinstalling the new build 3 beta version from doom9.org forum on two different computers, but I just can't seem to see the "resize to" tab that allow sto change resolution to CVD in the frameserver screen as shown in baker's guide.
    On the "MISC" tab, there is a DVD2SVCD level setting, set that to "advanced". This will enable the resize option.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by hitch
    On the "MISC" tab, there is a DVD2SVCD level setting, set that to "advanced". This will enable the resize option.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello Baker..

I've tried your guide, but when playing the CVD the picture ends up as a smaller 4:3 type box picture in the middle of the screen ?
    The picture is Rush Hour 2 2:35:1 aspect ratio.. Why can't I get a full screen encoded version ? using CCE-CP and DVD2SVD 1.09 Build 3.

Also I found that 2 Pass VBR was better quality than the one pass.
    But takes longer obviously.. Why did you choose one pass ? Speed / Quality ?
    Cheers...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ALL BYGS HAVE BEEN FIXED.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  25. I really appreciate this guide, I'd like to see more guides like this, very helpful!

I am having one problem that I cannot find a solution to on the doom9 forum. On your image of the audio settings tab, at the top there is a line that is greyed out that says "MPEG5.1 Encoder" and has a file selected in that box. That file exists in the correct folder on my computer, but that box is blank for me. When I try to encode the cvd, it gives me an error that it can't find the MPG audo file that DVD2SVCD was supposed to create. I am assuming that it is because it didn't make an MPG audio file because it doesn't know that the MPEG5.1 encoder is there. I can't select it because the box is greyed out.

Did I miss something in the setup? I followed the guide, and got all the other settings. My bitrate defaults are also a little different, for example next to "CD size 800" your image has "?-2015" and mine says "?-2013" - I don't know if this matters, but my guess is that it doesn't. The only difference for me is that I am starting with an AVI file, not a DVD (home movies captured via an ATI 7500 all-in-wonder).

Thanks,
    ryan
    Quote Quote  
  26. I really appreciate this guide, I'd like to see more guides like this, very helpful!

I am having one problem that I cannot find a solution to on the doom9 forum. On your image of the audio settings tab, at the top there is a line that is greyed out that says "MPEG5.1 Encoder" and has a file selected in that box. That file exists in the correct folder on my computer, but that box is blank for me. When I try to encode the cvd, it gives me an error that it can't find the MPG audo file that DVD2SVCD was supposed to create. I am assuming that it is because it didn't make an MPG audio file because it doesn't know that the MPEG5.1 encoder is there. I can't select it because the box is greyed out.

Did I miss something in the setup? I followed the guide, and got all the other settings. My bitrate defaults are also a little different, for example next to "CD size 800" your image has "?-2015" and mine says "?-2013" - I don't know if this matters, but my guess is that it doesn't. The only difference for me is that I am starting with an AVI file, not a DVD (home movies captured via an ATI 7500 all-in-wonder).
    Quote Quote  
  27. I really appreciate this guide, I'd like to see more guides like this, very helpful!

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ vice.
    Thnx for that boost of cofidence! The quailty is great especially block wise, its not as sharp as svcd but the quailty IS better (more detail) and there is less blocks. I think you will agree with that.
    If you are really gratefull will you please post the film you encoded and the settings that you used, in my q post. The link for it is in my guide.

@RadicalEd
    I have no good photo editing software so am stuck with these crap images! I would love to use gif but don't have psp or any other image editing software. Anyhow the images are still readable.

@yutepui,zaqxsw
    That resize bug has been fixed now. SO there should be no more problems.

@Fred Finkle
    I would reccomend changing the aspect ratio in the conversion settings to 4:3. This will provide an anamorpic picture. It will also give a better looking sharper image, this is why I will be editing this guide tonight to show this change. Thnx for pointing out my ignorence zaqxsw. I must still admit that I think 4:3 selected looks beter on a 4:3 tele as you get full screen(even though its stretched.
    quote:Also I found that 2 Pass VBR was better quality than the one pass.
    Cheers...
    I choose one pass for speed & QUAILTY. Do test, 2pass has a more controlable and predictible file size but one pass looks much,much better and has obvisouly better speed, 1/2 the encoding time required

@Gleek
    The only difference for me is that I am starting with an AVI file, not a DVD.
    I never included my e-mail address in this guide because I feared getting bombarded with questions like this. U c a lot of problems ppl will have are that they are getting bugs that are dvd2svcd's fault not mine. I have been told that the avi feature of dvd2svcd does not correctly work yet so that could be your problem. I reccomend opening your captured avi in vdub and adding filters there like temporal smoother at 2 and noise reduction and resize image, then frameserving into CCE and encoding with the settings used in my guide. Then author with nero.

Now thats all those questions answered, I am away back to my tele to watch more clips of stuff to try and make this guide better.

BUG NOTE: I have recently been told that sharpen provides great results when used before resize, it should make it look like a svcd. I tried it today and each time I tried it CCE crashed.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ vice.
    Thnx for that boost of cofidence! The quailty is great especially block wise, its not as sharp as svcd but the quailty IS better (more detail) and there is less blocks. I think you will agree with that.
    If you are really gratefull will you please post the film you encoded and the settings that you used, in my q post. The link for it is in my guide.

@RadicalEd
    I have no good photo editing software so am stuck with these crap images! I would love to use gif but don't have psp or any other image editing software. Anyhow the images are still readable.

@yutepui,zaqxsw
    That resize bug has been fixed now. SO there should be no more problems.

@Fred Finkle
    I would reccomend changing the aspect ratio in the conversion settings to 4:3. This will provide an anamorpic picture. It will also give a better looking sharper image, this is why I will be editing this guide tonight to show this change. Thnx for pointing out my ignorence zaqxsw. I must still admit that I think 4:3 selected looks beter on a 4:3 tele as you get full screen(even though its stretched.
    quote:Also I found that 2 Pass VBR was better quality than the one pass.
    Cheers...
    I choose one pass for speed & QUAILTY. Do test, 2pass has a more controlable and predictible file size but one pass looks much,much better and has obvisouly better speed, 1/2 the encoding time required

@Gleek
    The only difference for me is that I am starting with an AVI file, not a DVD.
    I never included my e-mail address in this guide because I feared getting bombarded with questions like this. U c a lot of problems ppl will have are that they are getting bugs that are dvd2svcd's fault not mine. I have been told that the avi feature of dvd2svcd does not correctly work yet so that could be your problem. I reccomend opening your captured avi in vdub and adding filters there like temporal smoother at 2 and noise reduction and resize image, then frameserving into CCE and encoding with the settings used in my guide. Then author with nero.

Now thats all those questions answered, I am away back to my tele to watch more clips of stuff to try and make this guide better.

BUG NOTE: I have recently been told that sharpen provides great results when used before resize, it should make it look like a svcd. I tried it today and each time I tried it CCE crashed.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  30. About to do a conversion with the CVD format with DVD2SVCD 1.9B3.

I have been using DVD2SVCD 1.09B2 before to convert DVDs
    using a 4 pass VBR setting.

Can I use a 3 pass VBR setting for CVD or is it better to use the
    method Baker suggested with 1 pasas VBR with a Q factor of 7?

I'm assuming the quality of both methods is comparable.
    Quote Quote