VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,
    why does the tmpge site claim that you can convert .avi's to .mpg's with version 12i? it won't even let me start with that version. i was lucky enough to find a 12a version which works. is there a trick to the new version? to make a long story short, i tried the new version and it didn't work. i found an 12a version and it worked except for one .avi that i have that stops running at about 15% of conversion. is there something different that you have to do with the new version? it won't work with any .avi that i have. i went into settings and set them according to pal or ntsc as instructed. someone please enlighten me. also, why would a file stop converting? does that mean the file is corrupt? it plays fine as a .avi file. HELP?

nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. IF you find out why let me know becuase i am freaking ticked that no one helps me becuase anything above 12a wont open for me it sucks!

please tell me your system specs maybe its something we have?

write me back please

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-04 16:08:03, nick177th wrote:
    hi,
    why does the tmpge site claim that you can convert .avi's to .mpg's with version 12i? it won't even let me start with that version. i was lucky enough to find a 12a version which works. is there a trick to the new version? to make a long story short, i tried the new version and it didn't work. i found an 12a version and it worked except for one .avi that i have that stops running at about 15% of conversion. is there something different that you have to do with the new version? it won't work with any .avi that i have. i went into settings and set them according to pal or ntsc as instructed. someone please enlighten me. also, why would a file stop converting? does that mean the file is corrupt? it plays fine as a .avi file. HELP?

nick
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Usually the problem with opening an AVI is related to the VFAPI Plug-in priorities in the environmental settings under options in TMPGenc.

You can change the priorities by right-clicking on the plug-in and selecting higher or lower priority.

I have AVI2(OpenDML)File Reader as my top plug in and AVI VFW as the lowest. You may have the VFW at a higher priority than the AVI2 and it can't read all types of AVI files. Hover your mouse over the plug-ins to read about them.

Play around with it, let me know if it works for you.

Quote Quote  
  4. Usually the problem with opening an AVI is related to the VFAPI Plug-in priorities in the environmental settings under options in TMPGenc.

You can change the priorities by right-clicking on the plug-in and selecting higher or lower priority.

I have AVI2(OpenDML)File Reader as my top plug in and AVI VFW as the lowest. You may have the VFW at a higher priority than the AVI2 and it can't read all types of AVI files. Hover your mouse over the plug-ins to read about them.

Play around with it, let me know if it works for you.

Quote Quote