VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I ripped a DVD to CD using a res of 720x576 & 704x576 using CQ mode in Tmpgenc.

Plays great on my computer but on the standalone flashes green??

If I lower the resolution to VCD then plays ok on the standalone.

Anyone got any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    someone must know this??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If its a vcd it has to be a VCD rez, if its svcd it has to be a svcd rez, but I don't think this is really the correct group for this. Settop players are very specific about the rez of your files... also do you know for sure you player supports VCD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Flaystus-There are things called Xsvcd & Xvcd`s,

My player plays just about anything, except Mpeg 1 and higher resolutions........it seems.

Back to Mpeg2
    Quote Quote  
  6. What data rate did you use to encode. Its quite possible your player simply cant read the CD quick enough to get the data off in the required time. DVD's have a much more dense data storage and so dont need to be spun as fast to read the same amount of data (if you see what I mean), so try a lower data rate, it might fix it!
    Quote Quote  
  7. My DVD 710 can play MPEG1 at 704 x 576 and 720 x 576 just fine as long as the videobitrate does not exceed 2520.

Jack
    Quote Quote