VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess the only way is to install this bad boy and give it a try when I find some time.

Back to DVD media, did anyone try the Optodisc DVD-Rs at shop4tech.com? 10pack for 16.99

http://www.shop4tech.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=specs&&item=1029348639&&choice=C...VD-R%20Branded

It has some good reviews at newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=146&manufactory=1...tby=14&order=1
    Quote Quote  
  2. The problem is the APEX player drive. I had the same exact problem with the sampo player I have. The meritlines played great in my sony (which is 4 years old), my rca and my friend's panasonic. The truth is, the drives on these cheap dvd players such as apex, are not that great. Take it from me, I have been testing these a long time. My sampo claims to play dvdrw but doesn't. It won't even see the damn disc, even a tdk!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You know, it's odd that you say that, because I've also read that the A03 dosn't have burn proof.

And yet, EVERY program I use to burn DVD's with says "Burn proof enabled".
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Swollen Member
    Search Comp PM
    Both the Pioneer A04/104 and the Panasonic LF-D321/LF-D311 have buffer underrun protection for DVD-R. (The Panasonic doesn't record to CD-R at all so obviously any spec'd buffer underrun protection for the Panasonic has to be for DVD-R.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by flaystus
    *Mertline.com DVDPro disk:
    Ick! Been through 3 disk and not one that works correctly, lots of video stutter near the end of the disk. 1x Speed, Tested on my Apex AD-1500 and my PC. Wish I hadn't bought 25 of these... maybe the actual meritline disk themselves are better. NEW: Seems to work fine on project around 3gb or smaller, I'm using them for short stuff until they are used up then ordering no more.
    Just want to concur on what you've found. Exact same problem here. Tried playing them on Apex AD-1200 and Apex AD-5131. Also tried to play them on a generic brand DVD reader from another PC. Same shutter near the end of the disk. Ick!! Has to use those DVD-Rs for project less than 3GB. Sometimes even less than 2.5GB.
    Quote Quote