VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Im using the TMPEnc beta program. I'm following the step by step instruction to convert Divx to VCD. The problem I['m encountering is #2 on the beginning of instructions. It says "Hit the button Load at the bottom right and load the VideoCD:. The problem is I have no VideoCd choices. How do I resolve this? Thanks for any help in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The templates came with TMPG. Browse to the directory, where TMPG.exe is located. There is a template subdirectory.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey Truman

That makes me feel braindead! Thanks you for your help. I rally appreciate it. Do you know if this will then work on most DVD players?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I believe most DVD standalone players will play vcd. I burned a short vcd and svcd file onto disc and took it to my local store for testing before purchasing a panasonic model. Works great.

Brent
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You must know, what kind of mpeg you are going to create. Let's say, you want a standard VCD, then choose Video-CD(PAL/NTSC/FILM).mcf. If you want a kind of XVCD, choose Video-CD first, then EXTRA> unlock.mcf and change whatever you want.
    What will work on most players...I think, Standard VCD will do. Probably you want to know, what will work on YOUR player. First check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
    At next experiment a bit and figure it out. There is no general answer, because every type of dvd player is different.
    Quote Quote