VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've run into a wall of relatively large porportions in my conversion attempts... I'm using the latest version of Tsunami (TMPGEnc 12i), and I have Quicktime 5 Pro. My problem is, even with the QTReader.vfp, Tsunami has *major* (i.e. freezing/crashing) issues with Quicktime (I've heard that it's basically a problem with QT5, but I know no way of going back to 4).

With most MOV files, it's as easy as spending a little extra time with RAD Video Tools or Quicktime Pro to convert the movies to AVI, but I have many quite enormous (by QT standards) movies that are upwards of 70 MB at resolutions reaching 800x256 pixels. On my poor machine with limited HD space (only about 10 GB) and file size limitations (FAT32 with AVIs - 2 GB limit) I can't convert them to AVI to get around the issue.

Does anyone know of a way to A: install an older version of Quicktime (4) on my machine, or B: another way to get around the Tsunami/QT5 issue?

Many thanks!
    Andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have install files for QT4 if you want it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 02:02:36, Ricardo wrote:
    I have install files for QT4 if you want it.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Actually, after a bit of searching, I found the install archive... It seems to be working okay (I keep having to switch off between QT5, though)... Interestingly enough, although Tsunami finishes encoding (as far as I know), it still locks/hangs at the end. Makes Batch Encoding impossible, but I suppose I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the help!

Andy
    Quote Quote