VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Make this a two part rant. homerpez, until DVD writers can be had for less than $100, and blank DVD's for less than $0.20, then it is certainly worth tossing that DVD in the computer overnight to have a copy for $0.40, assuming a two disc copy, for backup purposes, of course. Also, as I said before, copying your fav. TV shows is good too, b/c you can fit approx. 7 or 8 shows, minus commercials on a single DVD, when that becomes cheap enough. Also, there are people out there with videotapes of special events that they would like to archive and share with friends and family. An example of this is a two hour video of poor departed fluffy the cat scratching at her kitty litter. Remember that the fun is really in making the copies, not in actually watching them

TomG. - aka Plant_Guy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to let you all know,

I want dvd compatibility anyway but a res of 720x576 isn't possible on a cd because of bitrate limitation so I am switching the res down to 352x576 and switching back to the old faithful cce. I may try dvd2svcd, but one thing is certain, I have given up on kwags templet as it is useless for me and switvhing to:

352x576-dvd compatible
    48khz dual channel 160-dvd compatible
    mpeg 2-dvd compatible
    15 frames per gop-dvd compatible

this means I SHOULD get a movie on 2cds no prob with cce and be dvd compatible also.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  3. quick question..if 702x480 doesnt play correctly on my dvd player, will 352x480 play?

I tried 352x240 and it plays fine but its so small!

I'm trying burn a VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by baker
    Just to let you all know,

I want dvd compatibility anyway but a res of 720x576 isn't possible on a cd because of bitrate limitation so I am switching the res down to 352x576 and switching back to the old faithful cce. I may try dvd2svcd, but one thing is certain, I have given up on kwags templet as it is useless for me and switvhing to:

352x576-dvd compatible
    48khz dual channel 160-dvd compatible
    mpeg 2-dvd compatible
    15 frames per gop-dvd compatible

this means I SHOULD get a movie on 2cds no prob with cce and be dvd compatible also.

Baker
    It's strange baker that you say that 720x576 at 5,000Kbps is a bit rate limitation. Because some NTSC and PAL DVD's use 5,000Kbps as max bit rate!.
    If you have good results with CCE, I wish you luck, as CCE can't have a long GOP as it is in the KDVD template. So the file size for an mpeg generated with CCE will be much larger than one created with TMPEG. As quality wise, at 5,000Kbps, there's no visual difference from CCE or TMPEG.
    As for DVD compatibility, KDVD mpeg's have already been burned "AS IS" with DVDit 2.5 PE and SpruceUP. They are 100% DVD compliant mpeg files, with the added bonus of a small foot print.

kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I mean that the max a dvd player can read is 3000 so 5000 wont work for me.

I have just finnished a 3cd rip of t2 with dvd2svcd with 48000 audio and 352x576 video.

I believe it might be possible to edit the gop strucutre to be long in cce using dvd2svcd, check it out.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  6. When I play back videos on my Phillips and Apex DVD players made with the KVCDx2 1 CD and 2 CD templates using TEMPGEnc. The picture is great but stops for 20 seconds then plays for 5 seconds the audio does the same along with the video. This keeps happening through the whole video! I have tried the multiplex and burning at svcd2 with nero and the file did not play at all. Does any one have any suggestions! any help would be greatly appreciated

JoeG
    JoeG
    Quote Quote  
  7. When I play back videos on my Phillips and Apex DVD players made with the KVCDx2 1 CD and 2 CD templates using TEMPGEnc. The picture is great but stops for 20 seconds then plays for 5 seconds the audio does the same along with the video. This keeps happening through the whole video! I have tried the multiplex and burning at svcd2 with nero and the file did not play at all. Does any one have any suggestions! any help would be greatly appreciated

JoeG
    JoeG
    Quote Quote  
  8. Check out www.kvcd.net and ask the same question, Kwag will provide a response that should work for you.

Aloha
    Bud
    Quote Quote  
  9. Kwag

Congratulations on your MPEG 1 templates the picture looks great. I always new more could be done with mpeg 1. However, The picture & audio are great but stop for 20 seconds then play again for 5 seconds. This keeps happening through the whole video! I use Nero to burn the CDs and I play back the videos on my Phillips and Apex DVD players. The templates I am mainly interested in are KVCDx2 1 CD and 2 CD using TEMPGEnc. I have tried the multiplex and burning at svcd2 with Nero and then the file did not play at all. Do you have any suggestions! any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance

JoeG
    JoeG
    Quote Quote  
  10. Did u try multiplexing and then remultiplexing using BBMPEG (select SVCD format) and the svcd headers will be applied. This seems to work on certain dvd players.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes I did but it still would not work. It seems when I start adjusting the bit rate the lower I go the better it plays.

What are your thoughts
    JoeG
    Quote Quote  
  12. http://www.kvcd.net/dvd-models.html

Dunno if your models are on that list, but if so then there may be some helpful suggestions..........
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I HAVE JUST ENCODED GHOSTS OF MARS (1H.32M.57S) AT 80CQ WITH THE KVCD2 PAL TEMPLATE FILE SIZE WAS 955MB AND BURNT USING NERO ON TO A 99MIN INFINITI DISC.WHAT CAN I SAY BUT AWESOME.EVEN HAVE 6MINS LEFT ON THE DISC SO IT CAN ONLY BE BETTER.HAVE USED LOADS OF TEMPLATES BEFORE BUT NOTHIN COMPARE TO THIS FOR ME. THE DVD PLAYER IM USING IS A 99QUID DANSAI 852....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by spaceman
    I HAVE JUST ENCODED GHOSTS OF MARS (1H.32M.57S) AT 80CQ WITH THE KVCD2 PAL TEMPLATE FILE SIZE WAS 955MB AND BURNT USING NERO ON TO A 99MIN INFINITI DISC.WHAT CAN I SAY BUT AWESOME.EVEN HAVE 6MINS LEFT ON THE DISC SO IT CAN ONLY BE BETTER.HAVE USED LOADS OF TEMPLATES BEFORE BUT NOTHIN COMPARE TO THIS FOR ME. THE DVD PLAYER IM USING IS A 99QUID DANSAI 852....
    I am sure it works but my problem is with the bit rates the lower I go with the bit rate the better the picture is
    JoeG
    Quote Quote