VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know it's possible to add multiple video assets into the DVDMaestro movie timeline, but you can only add 1 audio asset. Is it possible to add additional AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio assets without having to sync them into 1 audio file? If I try to add another audio asset, DVDMaestro gives me a message "audio asset already exists, do you want to replace this?" I want to try and avoid having to merge all of the video and audio clips into 1 file for each and then having to setup command sequences with individual chapters. What I'm looking to do is to add an intro movie (dolby digital video clip) for my DVDMaestro project and a menu to play the movies soundtrack and movie trailer. I know this is possible with DVD Workshop, but this program does not support AC3 files. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

blade29
    Quote Quote  
  2. You just have to create another movie part. The way you do this is right click on your first movie in your tree directory on the left and select new movie. Then you add whatever content you want like that. Every separate movie part of your finished project will have to be a new section under movies in maestro.

For example: I want to make a movie with just an opening dolby trailer and the main feature. So on movie 1, I put my dolby trailer there (video and sound parts) and for movie 2 I'll put the feature (again video and sound parts.) Then select the connections tab and the folder under the directory tree (I can't remeber the name of it but it's the one all the way at the bottom.) Once you've done that you will see where it says First Play. From below that menu drag your Movie 1 into it. Then click movie 1 under the directory tree and look at the section that says end action under connections. Just drag the first chapter of your feature to there and you should be good to go.

For better info and pictures goto www.doom9.org under the guides section.

Hoped this helped
    Quote Quote  
  3. Shinomen, you are the man! Thanks. I didn't even think about trying that. I will give it a go. Thanks again for your input.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Another thing you can do is use the "create sync audio track" feature - this will allow you to tell DVDMaestro each of the audio tracks that go with the video track, and it will sync them all up and create a single audio track for the multiple videos...
    Quote Quote