VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I made a little GUI for VCDImager.
    With this GUI you can create SVCDs with Chapters.

Its only a testversion.

I created the stream with CCE and used the GUI to make the
    Chapters. It worked. I will test it with TMPGEnc-streams later.
    You can download it from my site and there is also a guide in the GUIDES section.

TTooLs DVC2 and MPEG Site
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you.

will be trying it out tonight!
    THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry,
    my provider has some problems with....i think everything.
    He told me, the probs will last some hours.
    We will seeee!
    Quote Quote  
  4. ...well, I assume that GUI requires 0.7.7+?

...it's just that there is almost no documentation, except the binary executable itself

btw, an option to output the XML without executing vcdxbuild would be usefull as well... so people can further customize the XML file...

Quote Quote  
  5. Version 0.3 is available
    You can have multiple mpegs and you see the source xml.
    Made some bug-fixes.
    The guide is also available.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    what is the difference in using this compared to just using VCDImager Easy and adding multiple mpeg files? Also what is meant by "TMPGEnc files must be demultiplexed and
    then multiplexed with bbMPEG to get SVCD Scan-offsets"? Is this Scan-offset information only needed for making these chapters?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can you make chapters in SVCD with VCDImagerEasy?
    When you want to make chapters you set entry points, but
    when the mpeg stream has no svcd scan-offsets you cant jump to the entry point.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I guess I was a little confused about what chapters are. I was thinking of just putting multiple files (and then each file being a chapter) but I guess that is not a chapter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aenema,

I think this is a very nice tool. It is very helpfull to quickly generate an XML description of an SVCD with chapters (i.e. entry points).

Suggestion:
    Add an option "XML description only", so that no bin/cue image is made. This allows to edit the XML decription before building the image with vcdxbuild.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I tried using this tool. I had a 1:20 Mpeg2 that I had made a test SVCD with. It had been encoded with TMPGEnc. So I demuxed with TMGEnc and then Muxed w/ bbMPEG. I then start TSCV, click "Add MPEG", I select the muxed file and then I type 10, then 20, then 40 into the the "Chapter after" box and then I hit "Create cue/bin file" and notepad pops up with a test.txt file.
    Quote Quote  
  11. lemmy999:
    Thats the XML description. When you have v0.3 vcdimager should also start to create a cui/bin. You must have vcdimager 0.7.7 in the same directory.
    Im working on a new version, wich will be more comfortable.

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I do have 0.7.7 win32s in the same directory. I thought that might be the XML description (I am an XML newbie). I thought it might be the length of the mpg filename so I shortened it to 8.3 format and it does the same thing. And I donwloaded 0.7.7 win32s vcdimager into the same directory again.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You must have the MPEG file in the same directory
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    No, VCDImager 0.7.7 and TSCV are on the Boot/OS drive and I am using a seperate drive for data. Everything works fine with VCDImagerEasy and VCDImagerGUI (or course they use older versions of VCDImager).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lemmy999,
    When the file test.txt pops up, also a bin/cue image file is generated in the same directory as the MPEG. Depending on the size of the MPEG it can take several minutes before the image is created. Also, the times that you enter is in seconds, and I think you should enter 0 as starting point for the first chapter.
    Quote Quote  
  16. There is version beta 0.4.
    fixed all bugs you mentioned.
    When you start it you see which version of vcdimager is installed and if all is correct.

Im currently working to get the "Selection"-chapters working.

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Aenema,
    Small problem with beta 0.4: I have VCDImager 0.7.8 installed (latest version), but TSCV complains "Wrong VCDImager version, please install VCDImager 0.7.7 or higher", and exits...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 08:48:20, CornelisJ wrote:
    lemmy999,
    When the file test.txt pops up, also a bin/cue image file is generated in the same directory as the MPEG. Depending on the size of the MPEG it can take several minutes before the image is created. Also, the times that you enter is in seconds, and I think you should enter 0 as starting point for the first chapter.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

the test.txt would pop up but nothing would ever get written. I searched all 3 HDD for *.cue and *.bin. I downloaded 0.4 and it would create the bin and cue fine, but I had selected chapters at 120, 240...600 (on a 12 minute mpeg2 from bbmpeg). It would play in an Apex DVD player, but Goto didn't work and the chapters were not there. Just one 12 minute video. Selecting >>| would stop the player. Also, it took for ever to load (40 seconds). Then I tried your suggestions of putting chapter one at 0. So I repeated with one at 0, 240 and 360. This file will load (in about 40 seconds) but will never play.
    Quote Quote  
  19. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 12:04:50, CornelisJ wrote:
    ...I have VCDImager 0.7.8 installed (latest version)....

btw, latest version as of now is 0.7.9
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

that's really interesting, as I was looking for such an answer... well, almost
    I'm the absolute newbie (just 4 days working with (S)VCD), and my very first problem by now is:
    -get chapters into VCD/SVCD
    -make the VCD/SVCD able to work with the "Repeat" function of my DVD player (or any other with this function).

@Aenema:

Is it possible to achieve this using your tool?
    What I'm trying to do is a kind of "endless" playing of short clips...
    I'm using TMPGEnc & Nero 5.5.3.5, Win2K, P4 1.4 GHz, 256 Mb

@All:

some ideas?

Thx

Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 12:04:50, CornelisJ wrote:
    Small problem with beta 0.4: I have VCDImager 0.7.8 installed (latest version), but TSCV complains "Wrong VCDImager version, please install VCDImager 0.7.7 or higher", and exits...

Sorry, false alarm. I had vcdxbuild.exe (part of VCDImager) compressed with the executable compressor "ASPack". With the original vcdxbuild, TSVC works fine.
    I can recommend TSCV + VCDImager to anyone who wants to make SVCD's with chapters!
    Quote Quote  
  22. The problem with different versions of VCDImager should be solved.
    Now there is VCD support and "Selection" support, which means that you can use 1,2,3,4.... to jump between mpegs.
    Version 0.41b availabe.
    To amarok: I am testing the repeat function

Quote Quote  
  23. great Tool...I actually made seamless svcd chapters.

i am having a prob though, when i burned the bin file and played it on my apex only 2/3 of the screen had the movie on it and the other 1/3 had a big blue bar on the right side of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this problem? I found out when i turned pbc off that the whole sreen had the movie but with pbc off there is no need for chapters. thanks for any help you could give me.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Okay, thought i would try the new version to see if that helped my problem but when i went to click on create bin/cue nothing happened. no error no freezing of the computer...nothing at all. any idea what could be causing this? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This prog looks interesting. I believe I will try it.

Oh, isnt a Bin/Cue image just as useful as a NRG file.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Sorry, i think there is a bug in 042b.
    I will check that.
    I will put 042b when i fixed it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Sorry, i think there is a bug in 042b.
    I will check that.
    I will put 043b when i fixed it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. It works on win2000.
    win98 not, dont know why. testing.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Version is fixed now.
    Quote Quote  
  30. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-04 14:27:22, sunmiztres wrote:
    great Tool...I actually made seamless svcd chapters.

i am having a prob though, when i burned the bin file and played it on my apex only 2/3 of the screen had the movie on it and the other 1/3 had a big blue bar on the right side of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this problem? I found out when i turned pbc off that the whole sreen had the movie but with pbc off there is no need for chapters. thanks for any help you could give me.

sounds almost as if there is a problem with the sequence headers perhaps missing?

I'd suggest to take a look at the mpeg stream... maybe re-muxing it with bbmpeg and adding sequence headers + alignment....

just an idea....
    Quote Quote