VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. To mentat:
    I tried but it worked for me, look at the picture. No errors.

To mynameisbond:
    Thats a firmware problem of the apex. Try to upgrade the firmware.

To lemmy999:
    Looks like your mpgeg is not compilant. Have you unchecked VBR in bbmpeg? Because your SVCD is CBR. Between why do you use CBR for SVCD?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TTooL on 2001-08-08 03:35:25 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  2. My standalone DVD player :

http://www.planetenumerique.com/Pages/Materiel/ShincoDVD380-4.htm

yeah it s an "APEX" !

How to upgrade the firmware ?
    I tried few month ago without sucess
    Quote Quote  
  3. I made SVCD with chapters using TSCV. Everything works great. EXCEPT that my dvd player (Pioneer C503) does not play the first chapter. It starts playing from second chapter. I did not include any intro or menu.

Also, would someone help me how make intro and menu to use with TSCV. Theyhave .mpg extension. How long .mpg files they should be?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    TTool. I just use the standard SVCD setting in bbMPEG. I use CBR becuase I read an article once that stated the actual bit rate is not that much different from using 2 pass VBR and CBR in TMPGEnc and I just don't have the time available to do 2 pass VBR. I notice no difference in quality and but the encoding time is more like 4X (12 hours for 45 minutes on a 1.2GHz Athlon). I did but a Forced Mux Rate of 0 this time (in bbMPEG) and that stopped the warning of Mux rate being too low for data rate. For the second time I just re-encoded in TMPGEnc and it fixed the problem.

mynameisbond:

I just upgraded my firmware for my Apex and it enabled me to use chapters on SVCDs. Go to Darren's page. It is THE Apex page:

http://www.dvd-wizards.com/darrenk/

fun6: I had the same problem when I didn't have the first chapter at 0 seconds. You must have your first chapter at 0 seconds.

Quote Quote  
  5. Hello again,

well i upgraded the firmware and guess what, it did not fix the problem. I still have a blue bar on the right side of the screen.

i have a thought here. when i use vcd2xml and vcdimager to make chapters by just adding more then 1 mpeg my apex plays them fine but when i use tcsv i get the bar. I TRIED JUST ADDING 1 MPEG AND NOT MAKING CHAPTERS OUT OF IT AND I STILL GOT THE BAR. so i am thinking it is something with TSCV since vcdimager and vcd2xml work fine. Is there a way i can compare the 2 to see what is different so maybe i can correct that. Tscv is the only proggie that actaully makes seamless chapters for me so i really want to be able to use the proggie. I can use vcd2xml and look at the xml file and then do the same with TSCV and that way compare the files to see if there is any difference. Does anyone else have any other ideas? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. How can I make my first chapter at zero seconds. What I do is: I use "Make every Chapter" at 600 seconds in TSCV and it creates chapters at 0, 600, 1200, 1800 ... Do I need to edit some other file (may be XML file)? OR I am doing anything wrong.

How many maximum chapters can we put in one SVCD?

Thanks.
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-08 06:16:16, lemmy999 wrote:
    TTool. I just use the standard SVCD setting in bbMPEG. I use CBR becuase I read an article once that stated the actual bit rate is not that much different from using 2 pass VBR and CBR in TMPGEnc and I just don't have the time available to do 2 pass VBR. I notice no difference in quality and but the encoding time is more like 4X (12 hours for 45 minutes on a 1.2GHz Athlon). I did but a Forced Mux Rate of 0 this time (in bbMPEG) and that stopped the warning of Mux rate being too low for data rate. For the second time I just re-encoded in TMPGEnc and it fixed the problem.

mynameisbond:

I just upgraded my firmware for my Apex and it enabled me to use chapters on SVCDs. Go to Darren's page. It is THE Apex page:

http://www.dvd-wizards.com/darrenk/

fun6: I had the same problem when I didn't have the first chapter at 0 seconds. You must have your first chapter at 0 seconds.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Quote Quote  
  7. I would like to download the latest beta of TSCV (I want to be able to create chapters by entering the frame numbers) but the link on your web page does not seem to work at the moment. Just wanted to let you know in case you were not aware of the problem. I can download from other links on your page, but not for the latest beta.

- digvid
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have one more Question, when i run vcdxbuild it gives me a warning 2 times that say, "requested entry point at ??? closest possible entry point is ??." could this be causing the problem or is it fixing the problem itself by using a different entry point. I am just wondering.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does TSCV work for VBR MPEG-1's? I just tried making one from a bbMPEG-muxed movie, which was a non-standard VCD format (VBR).

I ran it thru TSCV, and tried to make entrypoints every 120 sec (just to see if it worked). vcdimager came up, with an error "sequence-0 not accessable by PBC". But it made the .bin, I'm burning with NERO ok.

Does this mean my entrypoints won't work?
    Quote Quote  
  10. To homerpez:
    TSCV is only a GUI for VCDImager. It creates code for VCDxbuild. I tested only standart (S)VCD-streams. If you want to know what streams VCDImager can handle, look at the VCDImager site.
    To sunmiztres:
    I think u use the "make Chapter every"-option. If yes, look at the View-Tab where the last chapter is. Maybe your mpeg isnt that long.
    To digvid:
    The link on the download page was broken. Its fixed now.
    To fun6:
    When you add an mpeg the 1 chapter (0 secs) is made automatically.
    You can have up to 99 chapters per mpeg and 500 in the whole project.
    Tolemmy999:
    You can use 1 pass VBR, too

Quote Quote  
  11. To sunmiztres:

If you add an mpeg TSCV automatic generates the first Chapter. I think its your APEX. The firmware can not handle chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    When I first tried chapters on the APEX it did not work, I then updated the firmware and it worked (have done 3 45 minute SVCDs with chapters every 5 minutes). It just takes longer to load, but once it does, it plays fine.
    Quote Quote  
  13. TTool -

Just a comment about TSCV. I tried entering chapter points using frame numbers, and no matter what I type in, I get the same message mentat did, "'x' ist kein gultiger Integerwert", where x is some decimal number. I think that there is some sort of problem there. Also, I noticed that you listed 23.975 as the NTSC-film frame rate. It is actually 23.976, which could in fact have a significant effect when calculating time values in seconds from frames, especially if the mpeg file is very long. Just a comment.

Anyway, looks like a very useful utility. I really would like to figure out the "ist kein gultiger Integerwert" problem though...

Keep up the good work.

- digvid
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for the reply TTool.

I can't understand why I get the error (and digvid now as well) and you don't. The only difference I notice between your capture screen and mine is that the stream I select is MPEG-2 VBR SVCD and therefore the VCD radio button is ghosted. Otherwise everything looks the same.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    TTool, I used CBR because with manual VBR, there is no average bit rate selection, only max, and I want a high bit rate without going over (45 minutes on an 80minute CD-R). The 2 pass VBR option in TMPGEnc has average and max though but it takes too long. In bbMPEG with an approximately 790MB CBR file, if I do not select VBR the file is over 1000MB, but if I choose VBR it is 792MB.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Found the bug with "Chaper every x frames". Its fixed in v054beta. v054beta is the same version than v053beta. Only the bug is fixed.

Quote Quote  
  17. excellent piece of software, it actually created chapters that work on my DVD player (hooray)...and it was simple to use as well. keep up the good work
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any plans on adding "PLAYLIST" commands to the mix as well? As in, not only can you Skip Forward, Back, but also use the numeric keypad?

I don't know how hard this is to do, as I don't know XML from a hole in the ground...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Tip for TTool:

Instead of using that lame way to get file versions of vcdimager apps by physically seeking thru the file, go to Torry's Delphi pages (www.torry.ru) and get a archive named "console.zip". Then you can use something like this:

function GetVCDXBuildVer:String;
    var OutputS:TStringList;
    S:String;
    begin
    Result:='';
    OutputS:=TStringList.Create;
    S:='vcdxbuild.exe';
    if not FileExists(S) then S:='';
    if S<>'' then begin
    ExecConsoleApp(S,'-V',OutputS,nil);
    Result:=OutputS.Strings[0];
    end
    else
    Result:='n/a';
    OutputS.Free;
    end;

That way you want be getting complaints by users who compress their exes with executable compressors! I checked TSCV053B.EXE. Is DeDe great tool or what?

Hope that helps!

Bye.

P.S.
    I'm also working on VCD Creator of my own, so maybe we can exchange experiences. What do you say?
    Quote Quote  
  20. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>I'm also working on VCD Creator of my own, so maybe we can exchange experiences. What do you say?</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

btw, if you are interested in GUI development, maybe the following mailing
    list may be of interest for you... it's for coordinating GUI efforts and
    sharing information (e.g. planned changes, test releases, etc) useful for vcdimager GUI developers...

http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/vcdimager-gui-devel

Quote Quote  
  21. TTool,

Thanks. I also tried entering chapters timings manually and it works great.
    Now I am having another problem. Whenever the SVCD finishes playing... my dvd player starts playing the SVCD again from the chapter where I started the SVCD the first time. Basically it works like a repeat function. Is it my dvd player or the TSCV software?
    Congrats on writing such a cool program.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-09 02:48:39, TTooL wrote:
    Found the bug with "Chaper every x frames". Its fixed in v054beta. v054beta is the same version than v053beta. Only the bug is fixed.

Quote Quote  
  22. I also got the same problem,
    I can play the svcd very well in my malata N960 by 53b
    But,the svcd repeat & repeat the last chapter
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi,

Great software !
    I have a small request : Remove the test about VCdimager.
    Why ?

Cause i recompile it myself (bad habit as a unix user) and my version is rejected. It seems there is extra check done (size ?).

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mean.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Sorry, i am away a few days. I will answer your questions on Monday. Thanks for all your interests.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, after giving Videopack 4 a try, i found it could not do XVCD which made it useless for me (pic.quality sucks), so I wanted to use VCDImager and your GUI frontend was exactly what I need since i want to do chaptering.
    Now I tried the program, but whatever I do, it doesn't produce a .bin file, only a .cue file.

I am using a mpg that was created by TPMGenc 12i, 2500kbits CBR. Settings are VCD and made chapters both manualy as every 60 secs.
    I do see the dos box is producing some lines of text at the end, but than the window closes so I can't see what the errors or messages are.

Any suggestion what could cause this ?

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On 2001-08-12 21:51:47, LeveL_42 wrote:
    I do see the dos box is producing some lines of text at the end, but than the window closes so I can't see what the errors or messages are.

Any suggestion what could cause this ?
    Ok, I now ran the test.txt file manualy with VCDxbuild and I get on all entrypoints errors like: Requested entrypoint at 60.0000000, closest possible entrypoint at 0.000000

Is there somthing wrong with the MPG file ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Looks like it is your mpeg.
    Havent checked XVCD yet, but it looks like you have no scan-offsets. Try www.vcdhelp.com/MPEGSequenceMakerv02.zip.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi TTooL, great soft! Everything works well, but when the menu comes on and I try to push remotecontrol button 1, the intro goes on and on at the loop but not the movie, and when I push the next-button, nothing happens. The only way to get the movie coming is that at the menu push button 1 and right after that the next-button. If I use the vcd2xml-soft, there button 1 starts the movie, but there's no chapters. If these softs could put together, it would be the best program in the whole world. I know that xml-programming could put both together but I can't do it yet. I tried to put the xml-codes 'entrypoints' to the vcd2xml softs xml-code that your program gave, but vcdxbuild gave the error message. Maybe your programs next version the menu works! Hope so! Thank You very much!
    Quote Quote  
  29. I release a bugfix version of TSCV v054b rel4.
    Most of the bugs are fixed, and i added some more
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks, it works.
    Quote Quote