VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I made a SVCD with chapters at 120seconds and 240 seconds and it took a long time to load on my APEX AD600A but finally played, but no chapters, I played it on a Pioneer and it started at 120seconds (makes sense since I made this chapter 1) and would work just as it should. I made one with a chapter at 0, 120 and 240 and the Apex would load it but not play it, the Pioneer played it perfectly. Has anyone gotten chapters to work on an Apex?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Tried version 42b. i now get a dos window but it opens and closes very fast and it's header is vcdimager not vcdxbuild. i am running winme. could that be the problem? no cue or bin file being made.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same problem and I am also running WinME.
    I get a test.txt file, that I rename to whatever.xml.
    Then I execute vcdxbuild. That works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I have win98 and with 42b if I choose to create bin/cue, it creates an extremely small bin file, but if i have it generate xml and then save this file and execute vcdxbuild, it works fine. (I am using 0.7.7 VCDImager)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dear Anemea,

Can the TSCV be used for creating Menus and entry points for VCDs also ?

Anil
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had the same problem with the dos windows that open and closed. UNTIL I put my MPEG in the same dir as TSVC, then everything worked.

As an aside I can't use nero to burn cue/bin files unless both are in the same dir as nero either. Don't know if that's a program path setting, system setting, etc. etc. This is on winME.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry to all who downloaded v042b.
    It was tooooo late yesterday evening. It was my fault.
    I called vcdimager instead of vcdxbuild.
    Fixed that in v05b.
    Sorry

TTooLs DVC2 and MPEG Site
    Quote Quote  
  8. To Aktayal:
    v05b can make VCD Menus and entry points.
    You must have the CDi directory from VCDImagerEasy.
    You can see it at the bottom of the window if CDi is available.

Menu and Intro Support is available but i am testing.
    It will be written to the xml if you click on "create cue/bin selection".

Quote Quote  
  9. Hi Aenema (or should i say TTools??),

just downloaded your GUI, looks nice, especially that your GUI supports chapters.
    i didn't have the chance (yet) to test it:
    i'm currently working on a svcd-project (my holiday svcd) with i-author.
    for my next "project" i will try your GUI.

2 questions for you:
    - can i use more than, say, 20 chapters??
    - is it possible (in the future) to create a
    menu in a menu (for example: when i press
    button [2] i go to a new menu)??

thanx and keep up the good work!
    Sando!

ps. posted this one also on your forum:
    Quote Quote  
  10. To sandokan:
    You can have up to 99 chapters per mpeg and 500 in the whole project.

I am currently working on the menu support.
    I hope in the 0.6 or 0.7 there will be mutiple menu support.

cu TTooL
    I will try to change my nick, so nobody gets confused

Quote Quote  
  11. Changed Nick from Aenema to TTooL.
    So now i am a "Junior" again
    Quote Quote  
  12. thanx for your reply!

my message wasn't meant to change your name btw

could i get a personal message when you added advanced menu-support in your GUI???
    (icq or something)

Sando!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Im working on a newsletter.
    I think in a few days you can subscribt at my page, and then you get the info.
    Or look in this or my forum. Or on my news site

Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do a good job, ttool. v0.5 work well, when I do SVCD.
    With VCD I have the same problems like with v0.42.
    Again, thank you man.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I am not sure if this has been requested already but I'll request it anyway.

Could you please add chaptering points on a frame basis?

The reason I ask is simply this. Using Smartripper it outputs a txt file with DVD ripping that provides you with frame accurate chapter points. By using Cinema Craft you can set these frame accurate chapter points in the encoding process so they end up being an I-Frame with a closed GOP. If your gui could accept the frame entry and convert to an accurate time based point (it would need to include the fractional part of a second) it would just save having to do it manually.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    TTool, maybe you could have an advanced setup area where you could set flags to enable options like:

<option name="update scan offsets" value="true" />

and other options. Just an idea!
    Quote Quote  
  17. To lemmy999:
    In the new version this is implemented.
    To mentat:
    I will add that. But the problem is,that you must set the chapter points seconds based. The only think is that i have to calculate the seconds out of the frames. If anybody could tell me how to get the number of frames and the fps out of an mpeg it could be an advantage.

Quote Quote  
  18. Quote:
    __________________________________________________ ___
    To Aktayal:
    v05b can make VCD Menus and entry points.
    You must have the CDi directory from VCDImagerEasy.
    You can see it at the bottom of the window if
    CDi is available.

Menu and Intro Support is available but i am
    testing.
    It will be written to the xml if you click
    on "create cue/bin selection".
    __________________________________________________ ___

Dear TTool,

I copied the Cdi directory from a VCD that I created from a a cue/bin file from VCDImager. Now TSCV shows the VCD option enabled. I am using Windows Me. When I press the create cue/bin or the create cue/bin selection button a command window comes up and is closed very fast and nothing happens. I think this window shows some error, which I am unable to see. So,I used the create XML only button and got an XML file.But,when I run vcdxbuild on this XML file , its gives an error saying something about RAW format. Please help.

Btw, whats the difference between create cue/bin and create cue/bin selection buttons ?

Thanx

Anil
    Quote Quote  
  19. create cue/bin: Uses the playlist xml.

create cue/bin selection: Uses the selection xml. This is better, because you can say what the 1,2,3,4...-Buttons refer to. Here i am playing around. This will always be beta The "create cue/bin" is stable to make chapters.
    So if "create cue/bin selection" doesnt work "create cue/bin" does.

Your problem with VCD: After you click create. Leave the prog and send me the c:\test.txt file.
    Or try it for yourself:Go to the DOS-Prompt and type 'VCDxBuild c:\test.txt' then the window will not close and you see the errors.

The Problem is that i dont make VCDs. I only make SVCDs. I have tested it once and there was no problem.

Quote Quote  
  20. Released a new version.
    Many new options and a lot of bugfixes.

Quote Quote  
  21. I have downloaded the latest version to test the frame number support for chaptering. I am using PAL and therefore have the frames per second at 25. If I enter a frame number that is an even integer mulitple of 25 (e.g 100 or 200) there is no problem. If however you enter a value which will generate a fractional amount you receive the following error message. Now unfortunately I don't speak German (I think its German) so here is the error.

'39.2' ist kein gultiger Integerwert

Thanks,
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  22. I added a error-message. (next Version)
    This field is only for frames, and i never saw a frame like 39.2

Quote Quote  
  23. I am confused by your response.

From what I understand VCDImager will accept entry points only on a time basis. This is the reason you need to convert the frame based entry into time. But I also thought VCDImager would accept fractional amount after the seconds for more accurate entry points. As a result a frame entry of 980 using PAL 25 frames per second would equate to 39 seconds and .2 of a second. Now this is how I ended up with the error. I typed 980 in the frame box and obviously this calculates to 39.2 seconds. I thought an entry point with this figure 39.2 was acceptable in VCDImager.

Are you indicating this is not completely implemented in this version but will be finished next release??

Thanks,
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  24. You are right VCDImager accepts only timebased entry points. And also it is right that you can give a fractional amount after the seconds.
    And this is finally what i implemented. You typ in your frames in the other box you set the fps. and when you hit return TSCV will calculate the time and add it to the chapters list.
    I dont understand your question. The error you got is because you entered 39.2 in the frames entry-field. And you can only enter integer values there.

Quote Quote  
  25. I finshed the guide for the beta v0.53.
    You can also download and discuss it at labdv.com,
    but there is only the buggy old v0.5 But Jim i will send you the newest.

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    TTool. I am having a weird problem and I don't think it is the fault of TSCV or VCDImager, but I thought you might know what the problem is. I Frameserve from Vdub to TMPGEnc and encode to SVCD 2100 CBR NTSC Film. I then demux with TMPGEnc (use demux, not simple demux...don't even know what simple demux is). I then use bbmpeg to remux. So far nothing gives an error or warning (well, bbmpeg says something about "mux rate may be too low for data rate watch for PTS/DTS underflows" but I don't get any PTS/DTS errors) Then I open TSCV with VCDImager 0.77 and it gives me warnings like:

pack header code (0x000001ba) expected, but 0xd3d601ba found (buflen = 2324)

bad packet at packet #3176 (stream byte offset 7381024) -- remaining 808996020 bytes of stream will be ignored

Then it seems to ignore everything after packet #3176 and writes a small .bin file and of course gives warnings at all of my entry points past that packet. do you know what is causing this and what could be done about it? If I go back and redo the demux/mux that does not fix it, but If I go back and re-encode to MPEG-2, it sometimes fixes it. I follow the same routine every day and sometimes it works and sometimes I get this probem. Any ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lemmy999 on 2001-08-07 19:31:46 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  27. Sorry if I confused you I will try to explain again as the problem still exists in .53b

I add an SVCD MPEG-2 compliant file and select it.
    I set the frames to 25 as you need to for PAL.
    I then enter 980 into the frame entry box and hit enter.
    I then get the message about 39.2

Hope that helps,
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  28. I saw that labDV is now up too date with the 0.53b

The download link is http://www.labdv.com/en/index.htm

The topic link is http://www.labdv.com/forums/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=109&forum=6&0

Léon
    Quote Quote  
  29. I tryed that chaptering method yesterday. Good job !
    TSCV is really very simple to use. No problem with the ISO file creation. Chaptering works well on my computer (Hollywood+ and Dvdstation or Eugene'sDVD player)
    BUT it s not good at all on my standalone DVD player (SHINKO/Walkvision KDV9). I got exactly the same probleme as Sunmiztres.

Sunmiztres Probleme :

"i am having a prob though, when i burned the bin file and played it on my apex only 2/3 of the screen had the movie on it and the other 1/3 had a big blue bar on the right side of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this problem? I found out when i turned pbc off that the whole sreen had the movie but with pbc off there is no need for chapters. thanks for any help you could give me."

I tryed different configurations, MPEGAV or MPEG2 directory, mpeg2 scan offset, ENTRYVCD or ENTRYSVCD and dont work. My test mpeg file is OK
    Quote Quote