VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So let's say you have a video and there is a black bar below the video and you just want to cut this black bar while keeping the correct aspect ratio. For some reason I cannot find a way to do this. I took a screenshot of a frame and meaured with paint the pixels of the image minus the black area, and so I thought I would be able to enter that size on Project Properties or when you are rendering the video and it would render the correct area but it sort of stretches it or something. How would one do this??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is just basic video editing. It must have crop filter somewhere, all editors do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. In editors it is trickier because video resolution is tied to projects.
    One of those below should work:

1. If having voucoder encoder plugin (really recommended), then there is a crop filter, where you can put a new video height in there, y offset to zero and keep aspect ratio yes. That would encode a video with bottom cut off.

2.load video into project, edit. In crop change your height to desired value and Y Center to exactly half that height. If you cannot edit those values, you have to deselect on the left either snapping or lock aspect ratio. THEN in project properties change your project height to that new height.

3. It might work in reverse way as oppose to #2, did not try, loading your video into a project with new height, but then you have to go into crop to fix it so it fits.
    Quote Quote