VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have Sony Vegas 12. I have problems with colors when frameserving. That is: I load an mpg to Vegas. Do nothing, start frameserving it by Debugmode Frameserver. I open in Avisynth. I can see that the colors are different when I open the mpg directly in Avisynth. I loose some saturation if I frameserve from Vegas. You can see it on the photos:

Through Vegas:
    [Attachment 83076 - Click to enlarge]

Directly from Avisynth:
    [Attachment 83075 - Click to enlarge]

What do I do wrong? I notice this all the time I frameserve from Vegas. I frameserve with YUY2, the other options are RGB24 and 32 but they give no different results. The code is DirectShowSource ("Video.avi/mpg"). So I added no filters yet just opened the mpeg and the avi.
    Last edited by Bencuri; 25th Oct 2024 at 06:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know what your tools are doing. The levels are off quite a bit. Darks too high, brights too low
    Vegas levels corrected:

Code:
    ImageSource("Vegas.JPG")
    converttoYV16(interlaced=true)
    crop(0,0,0,-1)
    levels(32,1.0,225,0,255,coring=false)
    turnright().histogram().turnleft()
    [Attachment 83078 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I don't do anything just opening the files. Anything Vegas does is an internal default setting.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're using studio RGB in vegas - RGB Black reference level 16, White reference level 235 . But most other programs use "computer RGB" Reference Black = 0 , Reference White = 255

In older versions of vegas, the simplest solution is to add a levels filter (studio RGB to computer RGB preset) before you frameserve out
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, that is the solution exactly.
    Quote Quote