VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Image
    [Attachment 83047 - Click to enlarge]

Hello. New user here. I have a problem burning on my newly bought external DVD. It's reads all the discs I put into it but somehow when I'm trying to burn some videos, I got this problem. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? I'm using Windows 10 OS.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The error is telling you that your optical drive can not burn the disk you are trying to use because the speed of the disk is wrong for your optical drive.
    I have never had this happen. I have had a very old disk not work . I believe because a newer optical drive no longer supported the manufacturers disk code.
    Read the specifications for your optical drive. Match a new disk with the correct speed to that.

It can also depend on the chip in the enclosure.Is this enclosure old ?
    Even if the optical drive is new ?

Give ImgBurn a try for the write (burn).
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll try to do that ImgBurn and get back with the results.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The optical enclosure is new. I just recently bought it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. Can you advise of make/model of this optical drive.

2. Assuming that you did, indeed, purchase a burner and not a simple player, the advice of using imgburn is a good one. What program were you using ?

3. The rule of thumb is to burn at no more than 50% of the rated burn-speed of the blank media. Thus 16x media should only be burnt at a maimum of 8x.

4. And, finally, that the drive does support the media. That is to say that you are not attempting to burn dvd-R when the drive only supports dvd+R or vice-versa.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @ DB83,
    I got hold of some old media one time & the drive would not recognize the MID.
    But that is an unusual situation.

ImgBurn will list the drive capabilities as far as the + or - media it can read & write.
    It does not list the speeds the drive is capable of reading or writing.
    Quote Quote