VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to run UsEac3to.exe with wine and I keep getting the error "not supported on this system". Anyone know any way to get it to work? I'm use wine64, for some reason 32 bit wine is not allowing me to install it even after wine purge.

The GUI launches with wine but eac3to.exe won't run so it can't actually perform any actions...

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by beerninja View Post
    I'm trying to run UsEac3to.exe with wine and I keep getting the error "not supported on this system". Anyone know any way to get it to work? I'm use wine64, for some reason 32 bit wine is not allowing me to install it even after wine purge.

The GUI launches with wine but eac3to.exe won't run so it can't actually perform any actions...

thanks
    try this -
    eac3to under Wine
    eac3to is a command-line tool primarily used to create audio tracks. To run eac3to under Wine, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Install Wine: Ensure you have Wine installed on your system. You can check the Wine Application Database for compatibility information and installation guides.
    Set up Wine environment: Create a Wine prefix (e.g., WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-32) and set the architecture to win32 (e.g., WINEARCH='win32') to mimic a 32-bit Windows environment.
    Run eac3to: Use the following command to launch eac3to under Wine:
    WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-32 WINEARCH='win32' wine eac3to.exe -test

This command will run the pretty UI and allow you to convert, decode, and encode audio files.
    Quote Quote