VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded several versions of the program - from the official site and from here. I extract the compressed folder but every time when I try to open ffmpeg.exe it can not run or run for a second then spontaneously program's window closes. I did a lot of things: change different folder for extracting, turn off Microsoft Defender smart screen, customize exploit protection for the entire folder (switched off all protections), add exclusion from Microsoft Defender Antivirus scans. Nothing helps. Sometimes when I try to open the app, popped up the message that I'll post here. What to do?Image
    [Attachment 83013 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FFplay.exe is a command line program, it doesn't have a graphical interface.

Secondly, smartscreen in Windows Defender has not recognized the program and has blocked it.
    This is based on the files "reputation" and doesn't mean it's infected wth malware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Maximilian Goof View Post
    I downloaded several versions of the program - from the official site and from here. I extract the compressed folder but every time when I try to open ffmpeg.exe it can not run or run for a second then spontaneously program's window closes. I did a lot of things: change different folder for extracting, turn off Microsoft Defender smart screen, customize exploit protection for the entire folder (switched off all protections), add exclusion from Microsoft Defender Antivirus scans. Nothing helps. Sometimes when I try to open the app, popped up the message that I'll post here. What to do?Image
    did you click on the words "more info"
    you should see the words "run anyway"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I downloaded several versions of the program - from the official site and from here. I extract the compressed folder but every time when I try to open ffmpeg.exe it can not run or run for a second then spontaneously program's window closes. I did a lot of things: change different folder for extracting, turn off Microsoft Defender smart screen, customize exploit protection for the entire folder (switched off all protections), add exclusion from Microsoft Defender Antivirus scans. Nothing helps. Sometimes when I try to open the app, popped up the message that I'll post here. What to do?Image
    Yes, I saw "run anyway" but doesn't help. Also I know that this particular screenshot refers to ffplay but the same message popped up 2-3 times with ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Yes, I saw "run anyway" but doesn't help. Also I know that this particular screenshot refers to ffplay but the same message popped up 2-3 times with ffmpeg.
    did you try right clicking on ffmpeg.exe and selecting "run as administrator"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try right clicking on ffmpeg.exe and selecting "run as administrator"
    Yes I did. Nothing happened.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Those programs do not open a window, they're meant for running at the command line
    (As I mentioned above)
    Quote Quote  
  8. open commandline (windows+r then cmd then enter) or write script using ffmpeg - this how you work with ffmpeg - alternatively you can use some ffmpeg frontend (gui)
    Quote Quote