VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to get my sisters firefox to show a taskbar icon after its selected but there's no icon,firefox does run but she want to have a few icons so she can select her page,iv'e tried a few things like deleting the iconcache.db,anyone know the fix for this issue?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I'm trying to get my sisters firefox to show a taskbar icon after its selected but there's no icon,firefox does run but she want to have a few icons so she can select her page,iv'e tried a few things like deleting the iconcache.db,anyone know the fix for this issue?
    try these tips -
    If Firefox is not showing taskbar icons, you can try these steps:

Check full screen mode
    If Firefox is in full screen mode, the taskbar will be hidden. You can use the F11 key to toggle full screen mode on and off.

Check the settings file
    The settings file that stores window dimensions might be corrupted. You can try renaming the settings file.
    Check taskbar settings
    On Windows 10 or Windows 11, you can check which icons appear on the taskbar by going to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. From there, you can turn icons on or off.

You can also pin Firefox to the taskbar by following these steps:

Click the Windows menu button in the taskbar
    Click the arrow next to All Apps
    Hover over the app you want to pin
    Right-click on it and select Pin to taskbar

or try - Restart Firefox: Close and reopen Firefox to see if the issue resolves. Clear Icon Cache: Delete IconCache. db in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local and restart your computer. Create New Shortcut: Make a new Firefox shortcut on your desktop, then pin it to the taskbar
    Quote Quote