VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been trying to record more moments and my modern cameras just don't capture the same aura as the cameras of my youth.

The problem however is that the video gets corrupted after about 5 minutes of recording on a new tape. This is a repeatable problem with multiple cameras and multiple tapes and I can't quite figure out what's going on. X-Ray scanners at Amazon warehouses??

Old family Canon ZR900 - Purchased new sealed Sony DVM60PRL tapes from Amazon. Problem initially presents itself. Corruption and de-synchronization of video and audio feed. Think to myself, OK... camera was used heavily. Let's get a new one.

Purchase good used condition ZR900, use fresh tape from initial Sony DVM60PRL pack purchased. Recorded some good moments and damn... exact same issue. I'm over it at this point.

Purchase excellent condition, barely used Canon ZR960 AND a different brand of sealed TDK DVC tapes from Amazon. Exact. Same. Problem....... More memories ruined.

What is going on here? Are the tapes decaying? Is there some sort of EMF that's throwing everything off? Has anyone else had this issue? I guess I'll get a Hi8 camera and go fully analog, but the mini DV cameras as so much smaller and more manageable I really don't want to give it up..
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote