VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just purchased a S/H Blu-ray player as per heading. It performs just fine, but when I play a DVD-R I create with MultiAVCHD it continually displays the Recorded date and time in the lower left corner.
    Although it doesn't do this with commercial DVD's, which wouldn't have a Creared date, this clearly appears to be a function of the player.
    Does anyone own this player, or similar and know how to disable this. I have looked everywhere in the settings and cannot find anything. Likewise, with the manual.
    Alternatively, maybe there is a way to remove this info from the m2ts metadata. Hopefully, it would then no longer display.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Secoast; 21st Oct 2024 at 05:19.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm assuming you created the video with the date function turned on and when Multiavchd created the blue-ray file it burned the date in. Maybe this one is not fixable. Maybe there is a setting in your Panasonic to not put the date on the video.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    I'm assuming you created the video with the date function turned on and when Multiavchd created the blue-ray file it burned the date in. Maybe this one is not fixable. Maybe there is a setting in your Panasonic to not put the date on the video.
    No, the original had no date displayed, and no reencoding was carried out by MultiAVCHD. Also, the date doesn't appear on my PC if I playback the file from the BDMV Streams folder, so MultiAVCHD is not adding anything. I'm pretty certain the player is just reading the Recorded date data and displaying it. Just can't figure out how to switch it off.
    Last edited by Secoast; 21st Oct 2024 at 05:20.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, I've partly resolved this now. I made an error in my previous post. I stated it was the Created date, but it was actually the Recorded date that was being displayed.
    Trimming the M2TS on keyframes, or concatenating does not remove the Recorded date, but if I remux into an MKV, the date is discarded, neither visible with MediaInfo, or detected by MultiAVCHD. Although MultiAVCHD muxes back to an M2TS file, the date no longer displays on screen.
    Quote Quote