+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
    Any idea about if it's possible to change an H.265 file to H.264 ? I used that code, or a similar one, to convert an mkv file to mp4 so that my PS4 could see it, but it still won't play because even though the video is now mp4, it's still H.265, and not H.264.
    Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Start it an follow the instructions.
    Then load your carol.mkv and follow the steps shown below.

[Attachment 83067 - Click to enlarge]
    okay. I was able to encode the file, but I must have done something wrong because there was no sound. Looks like ANOTHER day of multiple hours of trying to figure this out...
    Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need to re-encode again,just use the program to join the original audio with the encoded video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
    okay. I was able to encode the file, but I must have done something wrong because there was no sound. Looks like ANOTHER day of multiple hours of trying to figure this out...
    You did everything right.

The rest is done in minutes.
    You just have to mux the other streams with the new video stream.

To do this, load your 4k carol.mkv, click main page, click multiplex.
    You will see all streams (video, audio and subtitles) of your original video in light blue color.
    Now drag & drop the newly encoded video into the multiplex grid.
    It will be displayed in turquoise. Now deselect the light blue video stream (on the left-hand side).
    All other streams should remain selected.
    Select mp4 as container at the bottom and click multiplex.
    Done.

If the new video still cannot be played on your PS4, change the profile level.
    This is also an operation that takes very little time and does not result in any loss of quality.
    To do this, load your newly muxed video, click main page, click various, click Change P-Level.
    Select 4.2 (at set new level) and click Change.
    This will change the entire video. You can use the output directly, without other operations.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    You don't need to re-encode again,just use the program to join the original audio with the encoded video.
    I kind of DO have to encode again, as I thought the file was defective and deleted it. Nobody told me the audio would be separate. It wasn't in the cmd version of ffmpeg...
    Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
    Quote Quote  
  5. [QUOTE=Spottedfeather;2755372]
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I kind of DO have to encode again, as I thought the file was defective and deleted it. Nobody told me the audio would be separate. It wasn't in the cmd version of ffmpeg...
    If you encode the videostream again, if finished, click on mutiplex.
    The new encoded stream is alreday present (in green color).
    No need to import anything else.
    Follow the instructions from my previous post.
    Quote Quote