VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm working on a project that requires syncing text with audio or video files. I've tried using Subtitle Edit, but I'm unable to get it to work automatically. It seems I have to manually adjust the timings. I'm also aware of Pictory, but it's a bit pricey for my budget.

Does anyone know of a free or more affordable software or online service that can automatically analyze audio or video files, match the spoken words to corresponding text, and create timing information similar to an SRT file?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by innerk View Post
    I'm working on a project that requires syncing text with audio or video files. I've tried using Subtitle Edit, but I'm unable to get it to work automatically. It seems I have to manually adjust the timings. I'm also aware of Pictory, but it's a bit pricey for my budget.

Does anyone know of a free or more affordable software or online service that can automatically analyze audio or video files, match the spoken words to corresponding text, and create timing information similar to an SRT file?

Create subtitles from scratch using Audio-To-Text software. I use Whisper AI which is free.
    Subtitle Edit has this feature but the accuracy of the subtitles will depend on your system, especially if you have a GPU and it's VRAM size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Create subtitles from scratch using Audio-To-Text software. I use Whisper AI which is free.
    Subtitle Edit has this feature but the accuracy of the subtitles will depend on your system, especially if you have a GPU and it's VRAM size.

Thanks for helping me out, "Subtitles"! I appreciate the suggestion, but I actually want to sync my own pre-written text file with the audio, not use AI-generated transcriptions. I’ve tried tools like DaVinci Resolve, which can do audio-to-text, but due to my accent, it introduces a lot of errors. So, I prefer to use my own text file and have the software match it to the audio. Yes, i have xtx 7900 gpu and rxt 3070 also 32gb ram all good. whisper ai is transcribing not taking my given text file.

What I’m looking for is a system that can recognize the speech in the audio, match it with the corresponding lines from my text file, and then create approximate timings for the SRT file. I don’t want the software to transcribe the audio itself, as the AI often misinterprets my pronunciation, and that leads to errors—misspelled words or missing text—which doesn’t look good in the final video.

I know "Subtitle Edit" has an auto-sync feature, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to work. It keeps giving me an error saying the start line has to be before the end line, even though I’ve set it up correctly. I eventually gave up on it.

I also tried Aegisub, but it doesn’t have auto-sync like Pictory does, so I have to manually adjust the timings, which can take hours. Since I’m just starting out, I can’t afford more than $5-$10, and Pictory’s $40 price tag is out of my budget, even though its sync feature is perfect.

Any suggestions for a free or affordable alternative that can automatically sync my text file with the audio would be really appreciated!

My Requirements:

looking for a tool that can:

Sync a pre-written text file with an audio file.
    Match spoken words to corresponding lines in the text file.
    Automatically generate SRT subtitles with accurate timing.
    Work effectively with accents and pronunciations.
    Be affordable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I'm working on a project that requires syncing text with audio or video files. I've tried using Subtitle Edit, but I'm unable to get it to work automatically. It seems I have to manually adjust the timings. I'm also aware of Pictory, but it's a bit pricey for my budget.

Thanks for helping me out, "Subtitles"! I appreciate the suggestion, but I actually want to sync my own pre-written text file with the audio, not use AI-generated transcriptions. I’ve tried tools like DaVinci Resolve, which can do audio-to-text, but due to my accent, it introduces a lot of errors. So, I prefer to use my own text file and have the software match it to the audio. Yes, i have xtx 7900 gpu and rxt 3070 also 32gb ram all good. whisper ai is transcribing not taking my given text file.

What I’m looking for is a system that can recognize the speech in the audio, match it with the corresponding lines from my text file, and then create approximate timings for the SRT file. I don’t want the software to transcribe the audio itself, as the AI often misinterprets my pronunciation, and that leads to errors—misspelled words or missing text—which doesn’t look good in the final video.

I know "Subtitle Edit" has an auto-sync feature, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to work. It keeps giving me an error saying the start line has to be before the end line, even though I’ve set it up correctly. I eventually gave up on it.

I also tried Aegisub, but it doesn’t have auto-sync like Pictory does, so I have to manually adjust the timings, which can take hours. Since I’m just starting out, I can’t afford more than $5-$10, and Pictory’s $40 price tag is out of my budget, even though its sync feature is perfect.

Any suggestions for a free or affordable alternative that can automatically sync my text file with the audio would be really appreciated!

My Requirements:

looking for a tool that can:

Sync a pre-written text file with an audio file.
    Match spoken words to corresponding lines in the text file.
    Automatically generate SRT subtitles with accurate timing.
    Work effectively with accents and pronunciations.
    Be affordable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post

And i would prefer a software or online service instead of a github python app , as i dont know python, and now i have no time left to learn, as busy in my own video recordings . so any service which can take this load of me to match my audio file to text file will save me hours.

Thanks .... i am stuck from days. Wasting hours in research. pls guide me. thanks
    Quote Quote