VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this type of question has probably been posted many times before but I am confused and need some input and possibly education on Hardware Acceleration & how to proceed next.

First, I run an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with a Radeon RX 470 graphics card & Windows 10. I know I can utilize Hardware Acceleration within Video Conversion software but I keep getting differing problems from each type of software I try. Some examples follow with the scenarios I've encountered.

I can use the "old" VSO ConvertXtoVideo and access Hardware Acceleration (Open CL???) just fine; however, their software is outdated (No HEVC, AV1, etc.) and the company is about out of business.

Ok, so I try Digiarty's WinxvideoAI or VideoProc converters and in the setup, I'm told h.264 & HEVC will Encode, Decode & Process with HW Acceleration but when I attempt to use it in a conversion, the fps drops to like 10-12fps/20min encode where if I turn off Acceleration, it processes at ~100-200fps/40sec encode but the CPU's usage jumps to over 100%+ per core.

Next, I use Aiseesoft Video Converter and the acceleration works just fine. Low CPU usage and hitting high on the GPU.

Then, I go to Wondershare UniConverter and I'm told it'll accept HW Acceleration but when I attempt to convert a video my CPU's all go to over 100%+ and no hits on the GPU.

A final example is Shutter which I like due to it's huge variety of options but I KNOW Acceleration is available but when I attempt to select AMD Acceleration at the bottom of the interface it acts like it's not available; but, at other times I CAN select acceleration.

Can anyone maybe educate & guide me here? I've contacted support for all these software and all they do is say they "have to refer to their engineers" like something is wrong with the software.

I'm beginning to feel like it's my system not their software but I'm not literate enough in hardware to know where to go from here.

Any constructive help/education would be MOST appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro hardware acceleration on my Nvidia GPU without any problem. Not sure if they support AMD GPU's
    https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/hd-video-converter/buy.html?put-main
    Quote Quote